Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Assigning Query to Role in BEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have just installed BW 3.5. I'm having trouble entering queries into Roles in BEX. I keep getting "You are not assigned to a role" error. But I am assigned to an end user role which was created with template S_RS_RREPU. Anyone have any ideas about what I'm missing?

Thanks

SC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

klaus_werner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all the template doesn't give you sufficient authorizations to assign anything to a role (you may have the authorization from other roles or profiles, though).

The other thing is that your role may not be visible in BEx because there is nothing in it. You could try creating a (dummy) entry like a subfolder in the role menu in PFCG (or even include a dummy workbook in PFCG), from then on you should see the role in BEx. After assiging something in BEx you can delete the dummy entry. Maybe there is a better way that I don't know.

Regards, Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Klaus, thanks for the response. The roles are now visible in BEX after manually creating some entries in PFCG. But I am still not able to assign queries to the role in BEx itself. What authorization am I missing?

Thanks,

SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

Create a folder in the role and try.

Then it will be shown.

Regards,

Amu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

take a look to the OSS Notes 588144 'Entering BW queries in roles', 373979 'Authorization for saving roles' and 570632 'Manual entry of BW workbooks in role maintenance'...

however, to create BW queries in Roles with the Open Dialog Box in the BEx Analyzer refer to the two switches - "Enter in Role" and "Add to Favorites", which allow you to enter a BW query in a role.

Hope it helps (and please don't forget to assign some points by clickin'on the yellow star to the contributors that help you !).

Bye,

Roberto