cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign a user to the cell in SAP SAC

ilona2
Explorer
0 Kudos

In my project we have a dashboard in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAP SAC), where we are looking for such functionality, that someone could click on a cell and add another user's login e.g.@ilona2 and type their comment/question there. In our solution we can't use the cell comments and the dimension comment is already in use. We would like to have a similar functionality as in Google sheets, where in any cell someone can type another person's login with "@" sign and that person would be automatically notified and know directly where is the issue in the data. 

SarauShen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi, cell commenting seems the appropriate solution based on your description. Could you please explain why you can't use cell commenting?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ilona2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Commenting in a cell (not a column) does work, but assining users with @ apparentyl is not supported .... 😕 ...

https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-blogs-by-sap/commenting-in-sap-analytics-cloud/ba-p/13355571

ilona2_0-1712570724070.png

ilona2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Cell commenting doesnt work for us because of conflicts between different hierarchies and filters on different pages (comments entered on one page don't appear on the other one). Dimension comments work good so far, however we lack the functionality of notifying users for example in the chat or email with the @User assignments, pointing to the specific cell in teh table. In Google docs such things seems super easy and handy. I find it disappointing that SAC doesnt allow such thing (or I didnt find such solution yet).