cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Mgmt on Cloud Foundry (Production): Host Alias and Base Path are empty when opening an API

gregorw
Active Contributor

Hello SAP API Managment Expert,

today I've tried to create the first test API Endpoint for a customer that wants to use the SAP API Management Service in the Cloud Foundry Production Landscape. We're using:

ProviderAmazon Web Services (AWS)
RegionEurope (Frankfurt)

When I re-open the details of the just stored API the fields Host Alias and Base Path which I've entered before are now empty. I've started the developer tools of my browser and see that this request is failing:

https://<customer-tenant>.apiportal.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/apiportal/api/1.0/Management.svc/APIProxies(name='EPM_REF_APPS_PROD_MAN_SRV')?$expand=successorAPI,proxyEndPoints,targetEndPoints,apiProducts,proxyEndPoints/virtualhosts,proxyEndPoints/routeRules,%20proxyEndPoints/apiResources,proxyEndPoints/apiResources/documentations,policies,fileResources,proxyEndPoints/postClientFlow/request/steps,proxyEndPoints/postClientFlow/response/steps,%20proxyEndPoints/preFlow/request/steps,proxyEndPoints/preFlow/response/steps,proxyEndPoints/postFlow/request/steps,proxyEndPoints/postFlow/response/steps,proxyEndPoints/conditionalFlows/request/steps,proxyEndPoints/conditionalFlows/response/steps,proxyEndPoints/faultRules/steps,proxyEndPoints/defaultFaultRule/steps,targetEndPoints/preFlow/request/steps,targetEndPoints/preFlow/response/steps,targetEndPoints/postFlow/request/steps,targetEndPoints/postFlow/response/steps,targetEndPoints/conditionalFlows/request/steps,targetEndPoints/conditionalFlows/response/steps,targetEndPoints/properties,proxyEndPoints/properties,targetEndPoints/faultRules/steps,targetEndPoints/defaultFaultRule/steps

it returns only:

Status Code: 400 Bad Request 

When I shorten the $expand request to:

https://<customer-tenant>.apiportal.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/apiportal/api/1.0/Management.svc/APIProxies(name='EPM_REF_APPS_PROD_MAN_SRV')?$format=json&$expand=successorAPI,proxyEndPoints,targetEndPoints,apiProducts,proxyEndPoints/virtualhosts,proxyEndPoints/routeRules,proxyEndPoints/apiResources,proxyEndPoints/apiResources/documentations,policies,fileResources,proxyEndPoints/postClientFlow/request/steps,proxyEndPoints/postClientFlow/response/steps,proxyEndPoints/preFlow/request/steps,proxyEndPoints/preFlow/response/steps,proxyEndPoints/postFlow/request/steps,proxyEndPoints/postFlow/response/steps,proxyEndPoints/conditionalFlows/request/steps

I get a response.

Unfortunately I don't have an S-User for this Customer. But perhaps someone here can also help.

Best regards
Gregor Wolf

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We've created also an Incident with the number: 576059 / 2020

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Support replied and suggested to delete the cookies. That actually worked. But that can't be the permanent solution as I can't really influence what cookies that my browser collects from the domain ondemand.com. For a permanent solution I would like to suggest that instead of using a GET request like that:

https://customername.apiportal.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/apiportal/api/1.0/Management.svc/APIProxies(name='EPM_REF_APPS_PROD_MAN_SRV')?$expand=successorAPI,proxyEndPoints,targetEndPoints,apiProducts,proxyEndPoints/virtualhosts,proxyEndPoints/routeRules,%20proxyEndPoints/apiResources,proxyEndPoints/apiResources/documentations,policies,fileResources,proxyEndPoints/postClientFlow/request/steps,proxyEndPoints/postClientFlow/response/steps,%20proxyEndPoints/preFlow/request/steps,proxyEndPoints/preFlow/response/steps,proxyEndPoints/postFlow/request/steps,proxyEndPoints/postFlow/response/steps,proxyEndPoints/conditionalFlows/request/steps,proxyEndPoints/conditionalFlows/response/steps,proxyEndPoints/faultRules/steps,proxyEndPoints/defaultFaultRule/steps,targetEndPoints/preFlow/request/steps,targetEndPoints/preFlow/response/steps,targetEndPoints/postFlow/request/steps,targetEndPoints/postFlow/response/steps,targetEndPoints/conditionalFlows/request/steps,targetEndPoints/conditionalFlows/response/steps,targetEndPoints/properties,proxyEndPoints/properties,targetEndPoints/faultRules/steps,targetEndPoints/defaultFaultRule/steps

which is 1134 characters long to use a $batch request instead. Perhaps there is also the option to increase the accepted header size of the endpoint.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Today I've faced the error again. Deleting the Cookies helped. But I don't get that a big request header is still an issue in 2020.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)