Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Framework for Planning Services

zlatko_radisic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

does somebody have any good documentation on the "API Framework for Planning services" that can be used for BI-IP?

i.e. documentation and examples of the proper usage of:

CL_RSPLFA_PLAN_BUFFER

CL_RSPLFA_SRVTYPE_IMP

CL_RSPLFA_SRVTYPE_IMP_REF_DATA

would really appreciate it as we don't have the class documentation in our company. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for the link below:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/1d2440301a06f4e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Hope it may be helpful.

Regards,

Indu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement has to be clear,if you want to write the data back to the cube then you have to use the transactional cube and the planning is to be done on that,as with the planning buffer only all the methods which you have specified can be used as per my understanding.You can not write (Non input ready query) ,and it's buffer of basic cube and then use for reporting in frontend directly it depends upon the complexity of the data and requirement.Small requirements can be acheived through calculated keyfigures,formulas through the frontend but complete one set of function which you want to perform on data records can only be done on Transactional data.

Regards,

Indu

zlatko_radisic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Basically, we are trying to:

1. Read and lock a set of data from a real-time cube (via input enabled queries, filters, agglevels, etc.)

2. Present it to a user within a rich interface (Bex WAD)

3. Pass the data to a richer interface (like Flex)

4. Allow user to analyze it, modify it, add to it (in this richer interface)

5. Pass the data back to Bex WAD.

6. Allow user to save data back to the real-time cube.

Hence we need info on passing data back/forth from Bex WAD to another application (like Flex), if it is possible.

Or, if Bex WAD can be bypassed altogether.

I know that things would be much easier if we did not have to write the data back to the cube. i.e. if we dealt with just a standard infocube and just analyzed the data.

In that case, its easy to process the queries into Xcelsius and/or custom Flex application. i.e. its easy to create a very rich, analytical, visualization environment for the data (and we are doing this now).

But creating a rich "data entry & manipulation" environment (otherwise known as planning) is what we are after - and we don't want to move to BPC either!