cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry: Parent Reference from Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in my data model i have 5 objects. Every object have a parent-child connection over ids. In Agentry there a the collection i use to realize this.

Example: orderGoup -> order -> orderPosition -> orderPositionLocation -> orderPositionLocationContact

For every object i create a single Screen who show some Details. So far so good. In the orderPositionLocationContact screen i need a property value from the order-object. Lets say the createDate from the order. Now i can choose the object browser and select the object parent from the orderPositionLocationContact, the orderPositionLocation, and from this the object parent. So i have the orderPosition. But thats was all. Why is there no ability to select the other parent objects.

Is there a solution how i can get the parent object property over 3 or more hierarchy levels?

Thanks,

André Nehm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Andre,

What version of Agentry are you using?  I am not having any trouble doing what you mentioned, and this should work on old Agentry versions also.  I have a SerialNumber object that has a parent of MaterialDocumentItem that has a parent of MaterialDocument that has a parent of MainObject.  If I use the object Browser, I start with "Other" objects, then I open SerialNumber, I scroll down and pick MaterialDocumentItem (Parent of SerialNumber), then I scroll down and pick MaterialDocument (Parent of MaterialDocumentItem), then I choose MainObject (Parent of MaterialDocument).  You should be able to do the same and pick properties from any of these along the way to display on your screen.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Jason,

we work with the agentry Version 6.1.0.3

If i read your data model correct then all your objects (Material, MaterialDocumentItem, MaterialDokument) are nested collections from the mainObject and only the Serial number is a nested collection from the Material and MaterialDokumentItem. So there is only a hierarchy level of 3.

We have a hierarchy level from 5. An our objects net isn't so flat as yours.

My Datamodell is in german but i hope you can see the connections for the object model in this picture:

MainObject->AuftragsGruppe->Auftrag->AuftragsPositionStandort->...  

And if i select in Other Objects the AuftragsPositionStandort you can see that i only could find one Parent, the  Auftrag Object. And not the otehr parents too.

Do we make a mistake that we create a deep hierarchy tree and not a flat one?

Thanks,

André

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Andre,

Can you explain how your hiererchy setup is different from mine?  Deep vs. Flat?

You have: MainObject->AuftragsGruppe->Auftrag->AuftragsPositionStandort->...  

Under the Auftrag object, you can't get to the Parent object AuftragsGruppe?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The answer of your question : "Under the Auftrag object, you can't get to the Parent object AuftragsGruppe?" Thats right. In the case i come from the AuftragsPositionStandort.(Picture 1)

There i can only get the direct parent object.

If i chose direct the Auftrag object i can get the parent object AuftragsGruppe (Picture 2).

Picture 1

Picture 2

I see the different between your and my object hierarchy in the case that you have in the MaterialDokumentItem and MaterialDokument as parent object the MainObject. And the Serial Number have as parent objects the MaterialDokumentItem and MaterialDokument.

I try to paint 2 small pictures to show the different what i mean.

Jason

André

Thanx for your help.

André

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Andre,

I see the difference now.  To get at the parent properties you want that are not available via the object browser, try just referencing them directly using the "Other" orbjects, instead of trying to add the fully qualified path up the tree.  I am guessing that Agentry will traverse the parent hierarchy looking for the first object name that matches what you have chosen and will find the correct parent and display the property.  So if you are displaying properties for your AuftragsPositionStandort object but also want to display something from the linked grand-parent AuftragsGruppe, just point to "Other" objects -> AuftragsGruppe -> Desired property.  Let me know if that works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jason,

thanx thats was the hidden feature that we need and it works.

Thanx André

Answers (0)