cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSO Activation issue with Error : Failed to activate the DSO with persisted change Log

Hello Experts,

We recently had our BW SP and HANA DB upgrades. BW 7.50 SP12->SP19 and HANA DB 1.0 -> 2.0.

Post upgrade we see an issue in activating (in QA) and loading (in Prod) the data in couple of our ADSOs with below error

QA

Prod

However I don't find any one discussing the similar issue or no relevant SAP notes.

Appreciate if some one can help me with their inputs, who has faced or worked on similar issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

pousali_jana
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

we are also seeing the same issue, any luck or did you find any solution?We are also checking with SAP.

Thanks,

Madhuri

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to run the DTP in ABAP layer. By default HANA processing option is checked in DTP.

Set a error handling option(Request red, write error stack...), so the HANA processing check box will be unchecked and the data load will happen in the Application layer hopefully it should work.

Regards,

Jana.

0 Kudos

Hello Beera,

Thanks for your reply.

We tried loading the dates by removing the "-" but it dint helped us.

However the issue has been resolved when we changed the field properties to CHAR in source (hana view) and target ADSO, which was DATS earlier. Somehow post upgrade BW target was not able to recognize the dates in DATS format.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Ravi

andrewdiaz2000
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Based on your Error its clearly related to Data, and below Links would explain more about it.

from your screen shot data its trying to insert is '2021-07-27' into a field of length 8(Probably Date).

So this will definitely throw an error during activation. Try to fix this value manually by editing the table entry by deleting '-' and try to activate.

Below Question is also related, but this could not help you because your case is purely inconsistent data.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/377913/data-services-general-error274-inserted-value-too-.html

Below Note is just a reference of similar error.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0002727322

Now you know the error, think of a way to fix it manually and rerun activation. changing it to NVARCHAR would not solve your issue.

Do keep us posted with your result and findings.

-AD Beera

MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

have you already tried to check the generated activation program in RSRV for your affected DSOs?

Sometimes it helps to execute it and repair.

BR, Martin

0 Kudos

Hello Brandeis,

No, the external HANA view is not enabled for the ADSO which am referring.

Thanks.

Ravi

Jörg_Brandeis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

have you ticked on the checkbox for the external SAP HANA view? This could cause similar errors. When you don't need the external views, removing this tick can help.

Regards,

Jörg

0 Kudos

Hello Beera,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried activating the ADSO (without data) in Dev and I don't see any issues while activating, also I have tried simulate the repair no issue found.

Ravi

andrewdiaz2000
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Have you tried to activate the ADSO without data, if you have data take a copy of ADSO and activate to see there is no other issue with your Model.

or Try to Activate the ADSO using the Program RSDG_ADSO_ACTIVATE.

Hope it helps.