Did you mean: 

A table partition limitation SAP BW HANA in Standard Cube

bappy_shahariar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Alert Name:

Record count of column-store table partitions

Description:

SAPSR3./BI0/F0PP_C03 partition (4) contains 1925083217 records. A table partition cannot contain more than 2,147,483,648 (2 billion) rows.

Determines the number of records in the partitions of column-store tables. A table partition cannot contain more than 2,000,000,000 (2 billion) rows.

User Action:

Consider repartitioning the table.

Please any suggestions thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per screenshot provided I see that for some reason partitions are not used.

I guess from Basis point of view it could be possible to reshuffle the partitions in order to used more of them. However perhaps it is better to do it from application (BW) point of view e.g. on fiscal year etc.

See what's an effort for those options and weight an action based on that.

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

not sure what are you looking for... clearly one of HANA DB limits is a record count of column-store table partition. The partition cannot contain more than 2,147,483,648 (2 billion) rows.

Solution is to repartition your design.

cheers

m./

bappy_shahariar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your response , My question is i can see that it has already have default partition like below image ( DB01-> Table and Views-> /BI0/F0PP_C03) . I thought that it will use 3 or 2 after the limit over from number 4 partition ?. Please correct me if i am wrong. Or i need to move data from cube and do the partition based on year and then move back the data again. Please help.