Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
breglerj
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
In the past months I've occasionally been posting updates about the Liquibase extension for SAP HANA I've been working on. Usually nothing major, but today is something different. So get ready.

What's changed?

The folks at Liquibase have asked me if I would be willing to transfer my Liquibase extension to their Github organization. As a consequence of this they would effectively take ownership of the extension. That would allow them to more closely align the extension with the Liquibase core and potentially include it in the core distribution itself at some point in the future. Naturally, I couldn't see any downside of this and after clearing some legal obstacles the transfer happened last month.

What does this mean?

The most obvious changes are the location of the source code and the Maven coordinates of the extension.

The source code location has changed from https://github.com/SAP/hana-liquibase to https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase-hana. Because the location change was done as a Github repository transfer all existing bookmarks and repository forks should be automatically redirected to the new location. Hence you shouldn't notice this change at all.

The second change is somewhat more disruptive. The old Liquibase extension artifacts will of course still be available at the old Maven coordinates. However, if you want to upgrade to the new extension you'll have to change your build descriptor to use the new coordinates org.liquibase.ext:liquibase-hanadb:3.9.0. Once you've done this you should be good to go.

What's new?

Aside from changing the name and version of the Liquibase extension there are a few new features that have been released with version 3.9.0 of the new extension:

• Support for HANA Cloud. The extension now handles the data types for HANA Cloud correctly

• Support for Liquibase 3.9.0. The old extension was based on Liquibase 3.6. The new extension can now take advantage of Liquibase 3.9.

• Several minor bug fixes

How can I get started?

To use the extension just add it to your build descriptor:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.liquibase.ext</groupId>
<artifactId>liquibase-hanadb</artifactId>
<version>3.9.0</version>
</dependency>

For a more detailed getting started guide refer to my previous blog post.

Happy coding!
2 Comments