Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Update: We have a new content package for SAP Integration Suite where we have packaged the dashboard for API Managment and the Cloud Integration capabilities, Kindly use the new package

SAP Cloud Integration is one of the key capability of SAP Integration Suite which support end-to-end process integration through the exchange of messages.The Cloud Integration reporting dashboard is built upon SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) which is a powerful data acquisition application.

SAP Integration Suite Customers are actively looking for an intuitive and interactive reporting dashboard for their Cloud Integration tenant. This blog post helps you to start the analytics journey in SAC that is specific to SAP Cloud Integration. We assume that the reader is familiar with SAP Analytics Cloud and this blog post does not substitute SAP Analytics Cloud documentation, which can be found here: Help Portal: SAP Analytics Cloud.

This dashboard provides at-a-glance view of relevant key performance indicators of a Cloud Integration tenant using the intuitive and interactive widgets.The widgets in the dashboard displays data in a simple metric that helps you visualize the context information with slicing and dicing capabilities. The dashboard has a responive design and can be viewed on mobile devices as well.

Following are the key views of the dashboard:

• Message Processing View

• Visualize, sort, and track message processing happening on your Cloud Integration tenant. Here you can monitor the messages that are being processed by each integration flows and get to know the processed messages over a period. Besides monitoring, you can also get to know the deployment statuses of integration flows.

• Deployed Artifact View

• Reports the number of integration artifacts deployed based on the type of integration content.

• Service Endpoints View

• In this view, you can find the service endpoints distributed as per the API protocols.

This dashboard has one story and three data models, which is based on the relevant SAP Cloud Integration OData APIs.

How to activate the SAP Cloud Integration Reporting Dashboard content in SAP Analytics Cloud?

1. Login to your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant.

2. From the Main Menu, navigate to Browse > Content Network.

3. Select Business Content tile.

4. Select the business content package with the name SAP Cloud Integration Reporting Dashboard.

5. An overview of the content appears. Go through it and then click Import.

6. Click on the notification icon to view the content import progress.

7. Once the content is imported successfully, you will be notified.Read the documentation for more details.

8. To view all the imported packages, navigate to Browse > Files > Public > SAP_Content folder from the Main Menu.

9. For the SAP Cloud Integration content, select the SAP_ALL_CPI folder.

10. This would list a story and three data models. Please read the documentation for more details on data models.

11. Click on the SAP__ALL_GEN_CPIREPORTING_DAQ story. The dashboard is made up of multiple pages with intuitive and interactive widgets. By default, the data displayed in the widgets is from a sample data.Note: Sample data is getting older by each passing day. Due to this, the data from the last 30 days(default days filter) may not be displayed in the Message Processing widgets. Increment the number of days in the Days Filter to get the view as given in the screenshot.

How to connect with your SAP Cloud Integration tenant?

1. To establish the connection between SAP Cloud Integration and SAC tenants. In the Main Menu, choose Connection.

2. Select the SAPCPI connection and then click Edit icon. You can connect to Cloud Integration OData APIs in SAP Analytics Cloud application either by using OAuth 2.0 Client Credentials (Recommended) or Basic Authentication.

3. Configure the connection as described in the documentation.Kindly check the following documentation based on your Cloud Integration environment:

OAuth Inbound Authentication with Client Credentials Grant for API Clients in CF environment

OAuth Inbound Authentication with Client Credentials Grant for API Clients in Neo Environment

4. Once you change the connection successfully, go to the Schedule Status tab and Refresh the two data models i.e. SAP__ALL_GEN_IM_CPIRUNTIMEARTIFACTS and SAP__ALL_GEN_IM_CPISERVICEENDPOINTS. This would delete the existing sample data and add new data in the data models.

5. Click on the model SAP__ALL_GEN_IM_CPIMESSAGEPROCESSINGLOGS. Change the Import Settings to Clean and replace selected version data, this will delete the existing sample data while importing the new data.This is a one time activity to clean the sample data.

6. Refresh the model data.

7. Revert the Import Settings to Update. This will update the existing data and add new data in the data model going forward.

8. By default, the scheduling frequency is set to None for all the data models. We recommend you to schedule a data import. See Updating and Scheduling Models for more details.

With this you have activated and configured the SAP Cloud Integration reporting dashboard on your SAC tenant. You can also use the other published SAP Cloud Integration OData APIs to extend the dashboard capabilities as per your requirements.

Note: This dashboard now works for both Cloud Foundry and Neo environment.

An Update for existing users of this dashboard who are getting an error in the model.

Note: This section is not for the new users who are planning to use this content for the very first time.

Note: Before consuming the fix make sure you export the data of SAP__ALL_GEN_IM_CPIMESSAGEPROCESSINGLOGS model to a file as a backup as explained here because there are chances that you would loose the existing data of the model.

It is not rquired to take the backup for the other two models as we clean and replace the data with every new import.

How to consume the fix?

1. Login to your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant.

2. From the Main Menu, navigate to Browse > Content Network.

3. Select Business Content tile.

4. Select the business content package with the name SAP Cloud Integration Reporting Dashboard.

5. An overview of the content appears.

6. Click on the Import Options tab, then select the Overwrite object and data and then click on Import

7. Click on the notification icon to view the content import progress.

8. Once the content is imported successfully, you will be notified.

9. You need to re-enter the credentials of the Cloud Integration tenant in the SAPCPI connection.

10. To view all the imported packages, navigate to Browse > Files > Public > SAP_Content folder from the Main Menu.

11. For the SAP Cloud Integration content, select the SAP_ALL_CPI folder.

12. This would list a story and three data models. Please read the documentation for more details on data models.

13. Click on the SAP__ALL_GEN_IM_CPIMESSAGEPROCESSINGLOGS model. Then click on the Data Management tab.

14. Under Import Jobs, you would see two entries. Delete the second entry with the problem.

15. Refresh the model data and schedule it as described above.

16. Do the same for SAP__ALL_GEN_IM_CPIRUNTIMEARTIFACTS model. Go back and click on the SAP__ALL_GEN_IM_CPIRUNTIMEARTIFACTS model. Then click on the Data Management tab.

17. Under Import Jobs, you would see two entries. Delete the second entry.

18. Refresh the model data and schedule it as described above.

With this you have successfully consumed the SAP Cloud Integration reporting dashboard fix.

56 Comments
NareshDasika18
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Sunny,

Thanks a lot for writing the blog on this topic. This really helps in getting the required metrics related to Interface message processing from SAP CPI.

With the trail account, I couldn't find option "Content Network" under "Browse". Can you please clarify whether it is visible from the trail account or not?

Regards,

Naresh Dasika
radar_lei
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi sunny.kapoor2,

Good to here that to have such analytics information in the analytics cloud.

For the analytics information, is there some detail or sumary data regarding the IFLow processing times such as maximum processing time, everage time etc?

In addition, for the deployment part, for the same IFlow might be re-deployed with the same version or with different version, could such information also be there?

Thanks and Regards,

Radar Lei
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi naresh.dasika11 ,

I don't think content network is available for SAC trial accounts.

Regards,

Sunny
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi radar.lei

The source of information for this SAC dashboard is CPI OData APIs.I think the extra information you are looking for can be achieved by consuming the right APIs and the required features of SAC.

I request you to explore the available CPI OData APIs and then you can extend the dashboard accordingly.

Regards,

Sunny
manlobu
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi sunny.kapoor2,

First of all, thanks a lot for your post, very interesting and useful one.

I was able to connect the SAC Dashboard with a CPI instance (both running on CF environment) and everything looks perfect except from data model SAP__ALL_GEN_IM_CPIRUNTIMEARTIFACTS which can't be refreshed:

Everything else looks ok and SAC story was updated with proper data except from artifacts information.

Have you ever faced this issue?

Many thanks in advance

Manuel
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi mlopezbuendia ,

I have not seen this issue before. Are you getting this error on the Cloud Foundry tenant?

Have you tried the same with any other neo tenant?

Regards,
Sunny
manlobu
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi sunny.kapoor2

Yes, I'm getting this issue on the Cloud Foundry tenant.

Same issue when trying to fetch data from SAC running on NEO from CPI running on CF. Unfortunately, I can't test with CPI running on NEO.

Cheers.

Manuel
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi manuel.lopez1

The current dashboard is developed and tested using OData APIs on CPI tenant running on NEO environment and the error which you are getting is on CPI CF environment where IntegrationRuntimeArtifacts API is not available yet.

It is in testing phase and most likely, it would be available by end of October.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/42093f14b43c485fbe3adbbe81eff6c8/release/en-US/d95a6f35129449f98daa9c08f...

Regards,

Sunny

sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi All,

This dashboard now works for both Cloud Foundry and Neo environment.

Regards,
Sunny
0 Kudos
Hi sunny.kapoor2 ,

Is the content available and applicable for SAC Embedded Edition as well?

Regards,

Vishal

nbocibo
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi,

Thanks for article

does a user require specific authorization rights to be able to  view the dashboard?

thanks
ColmC
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Sunny,

Are there any license implications or requirements we should be aware of before we set this up if we already have CPI and SAC tenants ?

Thanks,

Colm
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi nbocibo

Kindly check the blog post on SAP Analytics Cloud - Roles and Access Management

Regards,

Sunny
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi colmcarroll

If you can see this Business Content in SAC and able to import successfully then I don't think there is any license implications.

But if you like to officially confirm this, kindly check with your SAP Account Executive.

Regards,

Sunny
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi vishal.p.kulkarni

I don't think that SAC business content is available for Embedded Edition.

Regards,

Sunny
ColmC
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks Sunny, will do.
0 Kudos
HI @Sunny,

Can i customize the report, eg: if i wanted to extract only few set of interfaces to be available in the dashboard.

is it possible?

-Madhav
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi madhavcentrica

Yes, you can customize it as per your need. Kindly go through the SAC documntation to learn more about customizing SAC business content and various capabilities to achieve your usecase.

Regards,

Sunny
Hello Sunny,

Could you please let me know what are my options if I want to connect multiple SAP CPI Tenants to the SAP Analytics Cloud.

Regards,

Kalyan
AmanVarshney
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi sunny.kapoor2 ,

Thankyou so much for the blog.

I tried with the steps but am stuck with the below error while refreshing the Odata services

I have assigned Administrator rights and using Basic Authentication

Any idea what can be missing?

0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Error Screenshot 1

I am stuck with the same point. I am trying to configure my CPI Neo Environment with SAC.

attached the screen shot for your reference.

sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi vbrsraja

I am able to successfully import the content and establish the connection successfully in my SAC tenant.

I think it has some other onfiguration issue. Kindly check the master KBA from SAC.

Regards,

Sunny
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi a.varshney2007

I am able to successfully import the content and establish the connection successfully in my SAC tenant.

I think it has some other onfiguration issue. Kindly check the master KBA from SAC.

Regards,

Sunny
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi kalyan_batabyal

We have not evaluated this usecase yet. Once we have an update, will update you.

Regards,
Sunny
Prakashd
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Sunny,

This is very nice blog. I am able to follow the steps and is working great for us. My next thing is to see any updates coming to this package in the future or modify this package for our needs. Quick question, can analytics cloud save the data from CPI APIs locally, so we can get dashboards displayed for more period of time than the default one month data.

Thanks

Regards,

Prakash
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi prakashd1105,

Thank you for your kind words.

We have a new content package for SAP Intgeration Suite where we have packaged the dashboards for API Managment and the Cloud integration capabilities.

Also if you have some more use cases for this dashboard, then you can simple extend it as well as per your requirements

One of the advatnage of SAC dahboard is that it can display the hostorical data (more than 30 days) as it acquires the data from SAP Integration Suite via APIs and store it in the Hana DB of SAP Analytics Cloud. So the use case what you are saying is absolutely possible with SAC dashboard of SAP Integration Suite.

Regards,
Sunny

Regards,

Sunny
ramanjain1983
0 Kudos
hello!

API doesn't have product info and here it is shown as top 5 products. Is this based on some kind of mapping of endpoints with product names etc. What is the logic behind it.

Do we have documentation explaining dashboard and provided data graphs in detail.

thanks
NareshDasika18
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Sunny,

Do you have any update whether It is possible to connect/configure SAC for multiple instances of SAP Cloud Platform Integration (Neo) and SAP Integration Suite (CF) tenants?

Regards,

Naresh Dasika

sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi naresh.dasika11,

This is a limitation from the SAC content network side and SAC still needs to support this feature.

Regards,

Sunny
NareshDasika18
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Sunny,

When can we expect (Multiple CPI instances) this to be supported in SAC?

Regards,

Naresh
fjaviergar07
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello,

We already have multiple Neo and CF tenants connected with a single SAC so that is definitely possible.

Best regards

Javier
NareshDasika18
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Javier Garcia,

Good to hear that.

Can you please share If there is a blog/notes on how to configure multiple CPI tenants with SAC?

Regards,

Naresh

fjaviergar07
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Naresh,

Just creating different connections to the different tenants.

Best regards

Javier
Dimitri
Active Contributor
Hi sunny.kapoor2

Many thanks for the blog. Looks promising!

I was able to set up the SAPCPI connection and I was assuming the SAPAPIMGMT connection should be similar, but no.

Any idea what I miss? The Data Service URL prefix is similar I guess.
I tried with both active and inactive setting for Connect to an SAP OData service.

Client ID, secret and token URL are similar I assume because the CPI and API Management are residing within the same tenant.

Thanks.
Dimitri

sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi dsannen

No, for APIM the OAuth 2.0 setting is different.

Kindy check the following documentation:

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_ANALYTICS_CLOUD/42093f14b43c485fbe3adbbe81eff6c8/bf5d89513ead4bceba498...

Regards,

Sunny

Dimitri
Active Contributor
Thanks for the lead, Sunny!

I had to create a different instance plan. Now it makes sense 🙂

Dimitri
Active Contributor

Hi sunny.kapoor2 ,

I've both the Cloud Integration and API Management dashboard connected and data refreshed in SAP SAC.

Only 1 question left, for the API Management dashboard: the date range seems to be fixed to the past 7 days. Can that be adjusted somewhere? I want to use e.g. a different range or e.g. a complete month or so.

UPDATE - this is only relevant for the overview part. For the Health and Usage parts, you can add the number of days to be visible. Strangely enough this is lacking on the Overview part. 

Many thanks.
Dimitri

sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi dsannen

The Overview page provides a summarized report on API usage and performance. On the Overview page, you can analyze reports and view API trends for the last seven days only about the most popular APIs, the total number of API calls, response time, and latency.

I think you can edit it and use a custom range, in case you need some support, kindly raise a ticket on the given support component.

Regards,

Sunny
juliocesar_leyva
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Sunny

I've seen this on your post "new content package for SAP Integration Suite" and i saw the brief description in the SAP Help Portal, but couldn't see the activation steps, so could you go deeper on the activation details or share a reference, please?

Thanks!

sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi juliocesar.leyva ,

The activation steps are similar to this for Cloud Integration capability but instead of selecting the business content package with the name "SAP Cloud Integration Reporting Dashboard"you need to select the package with the name SAP Integration Suite as given in the screenshot.

Then follow the steps as mentioned in this blog post for activating the Cloud Integration dashboard

Regards,Sunny

juliocesar_leyva
Explorer
Hi Sunny.

Thank you very much for the information.

Best Regards!
rizuyadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dsannen ,

New Year Greetings!!

We required API Management dashboard connects to SAC and data refresh in SAP SAC. Facing the similar issue, was able to set up the SAPCPI connection and was assuming the SAPAPIMGMT connection should be similar, but no. Could you please help me out with any blog or any document by reference to which will take help as you recently overcome this issue. API Management are residing within the same tenant.

Thanks in advance.

Br,

Rizu.

rizuyadav
Participant
Hi sunny.kapoor2

New Year Greetings!!

Thank you so much for the blog.

We required API Management dashboard connects to SAC and data refresh in SAP SAC. Facing the issue, was able to set up the SAPCPI connection and was assuming the SAPAPIMGMT connection should be similar, but no.

While reading the comments of this blog able to find similar issue raised by Dimitri Sannen, by your suggestion he able to fix the issue. But, that help not ring a bell to me could you please elaborate more or could you please help me out with any blog or any document by reference to which will take help. API Management are residing within the same tenant.

Thanks in advance.

Br,

Rizu.
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi rizu.yadav,

Kindly check the following documentation.

Regards,

Sunny
rizuyadav
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks a lot Sunny for quick response really appreciated 🙂

In response of Dimitri query i already check the link which you shared, is there any constraint of achieving this on Neo or Cloud foundry as we are using Neo Cockpit.

Prerequisites

• "You have subscribed to the API Management, API portal tile in the Cloud Foundry environment"

Please help.

Br,

Rizu.
Dimitri
Active Contributor

Hi rizu.yadav,

All the best in 2023!

On your SAP BTP side, you need a different service plan:

Hope this clarifies.

Dimitri

sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi rizu.yadav,

I think the APIM dashboard is only applicable to the SAP Integration Suite which is available on the Cloud Foundry environment.

Regards,

Sunny

rizuyadav
Participant
Thanks a lot Sunny for clearing the doubt and helping the SAP community in all possible ways 🙂

Br,

Rizu.
niki_gandhi1
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Sunny,

Thank you so much for this informative post! Our team is trying to connect Cloud Integration OData APIs in SAP Analytics Cloud application by using OAuth 2.0 Client Credentials. 

Attaching a link to the webpage that states that ODATA V2 APIs can be connected by using Basic Authentication only under the Authentication Methods tab.

https://api.sap.com/api/MessageProcessingLogs/overview

But as you mentioned in the blog that we can connect using OAuth 2.0 credentials, we tried clicking on the uploaded link as mentioned in step 3 of the blog,

3. Configure the connection as described in the documentation.

it no longer gives any information stating that the page does not exist. Can you please help us connect using OAuth or provide an updated document for the same?
sunny_kapoor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert