Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
divyamary
Advisor
Advisor

SAP Cloud Platform API Management is now available on SAP Cloud Platform Trial. You can do a free test drive to expose your data and processes as APIs.

SAP API Management helps customer share digital assets and processes and enables developer communities to consume digital assists with ease in new channels, devices and user interfaces.

SAP Cloud Platform API Management is generally available to customers since July 2015.

How to get access?

Access to SAP Cloud Platform API Management can be found in SAP Cloud Platform trial in the Neo environment.

To access Neo Environment, scroll down and select Access Neo Trial

API Management is available under Services tab under Integration Suite category.

Select "API Management" service and enable it

Note:- The status would change to processing while service is being enabled in the background. This step might take few minutes.

SAP API Management, once enabled will provide you access to an instance of API Portal, Developer Portal, API Designer.

After SAP Cloud Platform API Management service is enabled, status would change to Enabled and links under Take Action section would be enabled. To complete on-boarding process on SAP Cloud Platform API Management, you would have to log on to API Portal. Click link Access API Portal to open API Portal in a new browser tab.

Wait while your SAP Cloud Platform API Management account is being provisioned.

API Portal allows you to publish APIs in a secure and scalable manner and helps monitor and manage the APIs. After successful activation of SAP Cloud Platform API Management - API Portal service, you would be redirected to Welcome or Landing page of API Portal.

Developer Portal allows you to explore and consume the APIs exposed via SAP API Management. You can access your Developer Portal by clicking on the link “Access Developer Portal

More details on SAP API Management is available in SCN community

47 Comments
dgreengas
Explorer
0 Kudos

I saw it in the list under integration, but it failed when I tried to enable it.

*** Update: Tried again and it suddenly worked ***

former_member187113
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Was there anything that you changed on your HPC Trial before retrying? I am getting the same issue and I can't even find a logfile that might point me in the right direction.

Kind Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

so you see the SAP API Management tile on HCP Trial as "Not Enabled", but when you click on it nothing happens? Do you get any error messages or any other feedback?

Regards,

Holger.

former_member187113
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

When I click on it, it comes back (after a few seconds of Processing) as Failed.

Thanks

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

just FYI for others. We fixed the issue and now it should work. If others have similar problems, please leave a comment or contact me.

Regards,

Holger.

former_member187113
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Holger (and others),

Thanks for your quick support getting me sorted. It's all working and I've got your first GWSAMPLE_BASIC demo up-and-running. Looking forward to further tutorials from you and your team.

Kind Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Holger, I am having the same issue in my trial. And the service is not showing at all in our non-trial tenant.

Could you have a look?

Regards,

Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I have the same issue in my trial - enabling API management fails.

Regards,

Ole Andre Schistad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

can you try again? It should work now.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I have an error 'Failed' when I try to enable 'SAP API Management' using my trial account.

Regards.

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv

Sorry to hear that. Can you try two more times to activate? Sometimes it does not work on the first try. If it still does not work let me know and I will follow up.

Holger

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I could see a similar error when I try to enable it.

Regards, Midhun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

could you please try again? We were just making some changes this morning which might have affected your activation.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Holger,

I continue to have same problem with activation - 'Failed' message. Can you please check. For account: p15789838trial.

Thanks.

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

sorry to hear! We are looking into this!

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

can you try again? Now it should work for you.

Regards,

Holger.

I824964
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I´m having the same error "failed" when I try to enable the service, can you please check for account p1942041644.

Regards

Alberto Orozco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

sure, I will look into this. In the meantime: can you give it some time and try again?

Regards,

Holger.

I824964
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Thanks by your support. I tried again without sucess.

Regards

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I´m having the same error "failed" when I try to enable the service, can you please check for account p1268171346

Regards

Edriss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

can you try to enable it again? In parallel we are looking into this issue.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Holger,

I tried to enable it again. It's not working.

Regards,

Edriss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Now SAP API management service,It's working fine.

But i have some issues when i open the dev portal.

-> popup : Error in fetching resources

-> popup : Error in fetching all packages and actions

in the networks debug screen i see 2 requests with

1. Status Code:500 Internal Server Error

Operation failed due to a database issue; contact your system administrator for details

https://devportalu34f5b50f-p1268171346trial.hanatrial.ondemand.com/odata/1.0/data.svc/Catalog.Catalo...

https://devportalu34f5b50f-p1268171346trial.hanatrial.ondemand.com/odata/1.0/data.svc/Catalog.Catalo...

Could you help me please ?

Regards,

Edriss.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edriss,

is the API Portal working for you? I am checking with our developer colleagues to see what happening in your Developer Portal.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

API Portal it's working fine for me.

Thanks you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

do you have some news about the issues on the Api dev portal ?

I would like consume my api service from app fiori. How can i do that without the dev portal ?

Thanks for your return.

Best regard.

Edriss

ElijahM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Edriss,

Sorry that your developer portal is still down. If you wish to consume an API service from a Fiori app without specifically going through developer portal, you can simply point the app to the API Proxy URL as your destination. If you are running the app on HCP you may create a destination within HCP cockpit, pointing directly to your API endpoint, and then point the App to that destination.

If you wanted to generate the app in WebIDE for example, to deploy on HCP to consume from API management you could  generate a destination similar to this one:

oliver_otto1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I am also having problems activating the Api Management Service on my Trial HCP (s0014439378trial). Could you look into this topic?

I have tried activating it multiple times over the last few weeks without success.

Kind regards

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

sorry to hear. We will look into this and get back to you.

Regards,

Holger.

russ_wagner3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am also getting the "Failed" message while trying to enable the API Management Service. Is there a solution yet?  I don't feel comfortable posting my "s...trial" account number in this forum unless I have to.  Thanks.

russ_wagner3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Holger:  Just got your message, but no email to send my account number to.  Do you want me to post it here, or will you send me a email to send it to.

Thanks for the quick response.

Russ

ElijahM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

If you would like to use email instead you can send email to sapapimanagementinfo@sap.com to pass the information to the API Management team.

Regards,

Elijah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am unable to activate API Management. Getting "Failed" error. Please can you check?

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have added my comment some time ago but looks like it is not approved by moderators.I am facing the same issue. Can you please help me out?

Thanks,

Abhishek

peterng
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

We are looking into this issue. If you have further questions, please email us at sapapimanagementinfo@sap.com.

regards,

Peter

ElijahM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Additionally, if you can send your Trial ID# so that we can look into your specific issue, that would help.

tim_drury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I also see the Failed status when trying to enable API Management. I'm using my i# trial account.

ElijahM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

If you have not yet done so, please try once again to Enable. A lot of work has gone into making the enablement successful, but there are always a few cases where something slips through. If you have tried Enabling your account 3 or more times already, please provide your S,P,I or D Number and we can look into what went wrong.

If you do not feel comfortable providing it on SCN, feel free to send it to sapapimanagementinfo@sap.com via email

tim_drury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Elijah.  I sent an email.

Former Member
0 Kudos
I was able to enable API Management, but when i go to the API Management portal i get the error message "There is a temporary problem in provisioning your account, please try again by clicking on Retry." This is going on for some time now.

Anyone had this issue before?
kubiani
Explorer
0 Kudos
I have this activated on my trial account and am able to use the endpoint but there are not any usage statistics showing up. Is this a trial limitation or am I supposed to be seeing general stats (i.e. calls, errors, etc) with/without any additional configuration? All the documentation I've seen implies that general stats should be available without any additional setup.

I can ping the service via the provided API management URL so I know the service itself is working and API management is routing it correctly.
Former Member
0 Kudos
I have the same problem, I am trying to enable the service but it just show the failed message.

ID: p1942446142trial

Thanks
ElijahM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
All above issues should have been resolved by now. Please feel free to reach out if further incidents come up.
0 Kudos
Hi

I am trying to Create an API based on SOAP but as soon as I try to add a Resource I get "Unable to register API" and [Request ID: 0ef2d71f-cf76-4818-a1bb-c543d1235f0e]
String index out of range: 0

Any idea?

Jan Almkvist

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi all,

I have the same problem, I am trying to enable the service but it just show the failed message.

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I too am facing this issue. API Management service is not getting enabled.
prashantptnk
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
How to enable API management in Web IDE Personal Edition.