Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antonochel
Employee
Employee

SAP Build Process Automation and the SAP Document Management Service

SAP Build Process Automation allows citizen developers to design, build and deploy processes without the need to write a single line of code. Inside a process, the possibilities are endless: You can run automations, trigger actions and fill out forms.

There is also a possibility to upload, store and download documents using a document store. This document store is set up by the user in their SAP BTP Subaccount and can either be an SAP hosted instance or an already existing CMIS compliant document store instance. It is referred to as the Document Management Service (DMS).

To enhance the security of our product, a few changes are coming to this setup that I would like to let you know about.

Configuring the Attachment Destination in SAP BTP Subaccount

The changes coming to the SAP Document Management Service Configuration in SAP Build Process Automation are about the authentication of the attachment destination. The good news first:

If your authentication is set to either OAuth2TokenExchange or OAuth2ClientCredentials, no changes are needed.

That said, all other authentication types will no longer be supported with the next update. So how can you find out which authentication is currently set in your destination and change it if necessary?

In your SAP BTP Cockpit, navigate to the sub account where your destinations are configured. Under Connectivity you can find the Destinations Tab that shows all your configured destinations. In the list of destinations, search for sap_process_automation_document_store. The destination has to have this name for it to work. Once you found it, it might look something like this:

Destination with Configured Client Credentials

As you can see it this example, the Authentication is set to OAuth2ClientCredentials, so I don’t have to change anything. If it would be something other than OAuth2ClientCredentials or OAuth2TokenExchange, I would have to set it to one of those two and update the credentials information if necessary.

Way forward

If your Destination is configured with OAuth2ClientCredentials or OAuth2TokenExchange, you are ready for the update coming soon. If not, action should be taken to avoid issues in the near future.

You can find further information on how to configure the Document Store Destination in this documentation.

I would love to hear your question and comments about this topic in the comment box below.

Thanks for reading this article!

2 Comments