Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IngoH
Active Contributor

As lately several people have asked when I will update my eBook on SAP Design Studio I thought I will just leave a short notice to everyone that I am planning to update the eBook for the release 1.5 of SAP Design Studio.

Release 1.5 is away only a few months, so there is no point in updating the book now for release 1.4 and then update it again for release 1.5 again as it does take a few weeks to update something like a complete book.

In the new release I will also include all the new topics such as Global scripting, online composition, enhanced bookmarking, ... and so on.

I will also include a chapter on SAP Design Studio with SAP HANA and most important, I am planning to include actual videos into the eBook (offline videos) so that are able to follow along in the video as well.

and as I am now with Visual BI, the book will also include a chapter on how you can use our Visual BI Design Studio Extensions.

So....

- Yes the update is planned for the release 1.5

- No you don't have to pay extra for the update if you own the book already

- No I am not planning to increase the price.

I hope that clarifies it and you are all looking forward to the book.

14 Comments
NadeemMalik
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have bought your book and wonder when 1.5 update will be incorporated?

Thanks.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nadeem,

I am planning to release the book before end of Q3 - so latest by end of September

regards

Ingo

martin_chambers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Q3 is nearing its end. How is your book project coming along?

Yours hopefully,

Martin

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Current plan is to have all 1.5 updates by end of October and all 1.6 updates by end of January 2016.

ingo

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everyone,

I will be very hard to finish by end of October for release 1.5 and I can't make that promise with all other items on my plate.

End of this year with updates for 1.5 and 1.6 is more likely.

sorry

Ingo

martin_chambers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

The road to hell is paved with good intentions :wink:

Martin

NadeemMalik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Since Design Studio 1.6 is out with nice features like scorecards and spreadsheet (not sure if formulas are supported), what is your advice if I should wait unless support pack arrive for 1.6 or can start with 1.5 SP2?

Your input is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Nadeem

NadeemMalik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ingo,

If Universes still not supported in DS 1.6? I only see backend connections for SAP BW and SAP Hana.

Nadeem

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nadeem - universes are supported in 1.6, as they have been in previous versions.  I encourage you to read the SAP help at help.sap.com/boad

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nadeem,

Universes are already supported for a very long time.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Is updated version of 1.5 or 1.6 of this book available now in physical or kindle form? If yes, please provide the link for kindle. Amazon still shows 1.2 edition for sale.

Thanks,

Amit

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

perhaps you wanna speak for yourself but not for others.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

updates will become available automatically via the Kindle app when they are uploaded.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

martin_chambers
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry,

I've deleted my comment.

Labels in this area