Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
architectSAP
Active Contributor
Since I did Install Gardener on Rancher, it has become my Kubernetes platform of choice.

Lately, I ran into an issue creating new clusters leveraging Cloudflare though:

To troubleshoot this, I install gardenctl in 4 steps:

1. Package Manager

2. kubectl

3. kubelogin

4. gardenctl

Package Manager

Working on Windows, I leverage Chocolatey:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol -bor 3072; iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://community.chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))

kubectl

To start with, I copy the configuration file from when I did Prepare your SAP Data Intelligence installation with Rancher:
choco install kubernetes-cli
mkdir ~/.kube
cp config ~/.kube/config

kubelogin

I need to put the kubelogin binary on mypath under the name kubectl-oidc_login so that the kubectl plugin mechanism can find it when I invoke kubectl oidc-login:
choco install kubelogin
cp C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\kubectl.exe C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\kubectl-oidc_login.exe

gardenctl

gardenctl needs a session ID and kube configuration but is otherwise easy to install:
choco install gardenctl-v2
if ( !(Test-Path Env:GCTL_SESSION_ID) -and !(Test-Path Env:TERM_SESSION_ID) ) { $Env:GCTL_SESSION_ID = [guid]::NewGuid().ToString() }
gardenctl-v2 config set-garden architectsap --kubeconfig C:\Users\Frank\kubeconfig-garden-garden.yaml
gardenctl-v2 kubectl-env powershell
$Env:KUBECONFIG = 'C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\garden\3f3a762c-6e24-4b09-b899-e46fecb72db8\kubeconfig.yaml';
kubectl get controllerregistration

After logging in with dex:

The output confirms that I am missing DNSRecord/cloudflare-dns:
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> kubectl get controllerregistration
NAME RESOURCES AGE
dns-external DNSProvider/aws-route53, DNSProvider/alicloud-dns, DNSProvider/azure-dns, DNSProvider/google-clouddns, DNSProvider/openstack-designate, DNSProvider/cloudflare-dns, DNSProvider/infoblox-dns 4d23h
networking-calico Network/calico 4d23h
os-gardenlinux OperatingSystemConfig/gardenlinux 4d23h
os-suse-chost OperatingSystemConfig/suse-chost 4d23h
os-ubuntu OperatingSystemConfig/ubuntu 4d23h
provider-gcp Infrastructure/gcp, ControlPlane/gcp, Worker/gcp, BackupBucket/gcp, BackupEntry/gcp, DNSRecord/google-clouddns 4d23h
runtime-gvisor ContainerRuntime/gvisor

Which is luckily easy enough to add thanks to Tim Schrodi:

Gardener DNS Extension for Cloudflare
Labels in this area