Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member181985
Active Contributor

Exporting/importing X(P)I mappings as XIM files has been a practice by PI developers since XI3.0 version. But, unfortunately SAP has disabled this feature from PI7.1/3 onwards. During my recent exploration on hidden tools in X(P)I, I found the shortcut (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT 0) for exporting/importing PI7.1 mappings. But however, this shortcut key combination still does not work for PI7.3 :sad:

So, is there a way we can change this behavior for PI7.3 without touching any server settings? Well, the answer is Yes to some extent i.e., at least, we can export PI7.3 mappings as XIM files :smile: (as I do not yet know the procedure to import XIM files in PI7.3 )

The below procedure explains, how to export PI7.3 mappings as XIM files,

1. First, refer my previous blog to know how to launch repository(ESR)/directory frameworks with a batch file : http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/01/09/hidden-tools-in-xipi-bat-file-to-...

2. Assuming, you have access to both PI7.1/PI7.3 systems. Follow, the above blog procedure (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT J) to download PI7.1 and PI7.3 client jars, property and batch files in separate directories. E.g., C:\PI7.1 for 7.1 and C:\PI7.3 for 7.3

3. Now it is time to perform the trick :wink: to export PI7.3 mappings as XIM files. Copy the com.sap.xpi.ib.mt.gui.lib.jar file from PI7.1 directory to PI7.3 directory

4. Now, launch the PI7.3 repository/ESR batch file and then open any existing mapping to export it as a XIM file. As usual, press CTRL+SHIFT+ALT 0 to export mappings as a XIM file (The only exception with this procedure is that we cannot import XIM files. Yet to find why import button does not show-up, may be some setting is required in PI7.3 server J to enable import button option)

5. Also, with CTRL+SHIFT+RIGHT-CLICK (mouse) we can still have local compilation, color schema and JarClassTest options as shown in below snap shot.

N’joy.

Note: The above procedure is not recommended for production PI systems.

Update (7:17 PM CET, 9/20/2014): I have tested this trick procedure with latest PO7.4 version as well and it works perfectly, with the PI7.1 jar file @ PI7.1_com.sap.xpi.ib.mt.gui.lib.jar - Box

Update (12 Nov 2020): From blog comments by tom.neuhaus and

jochen.gugel4. If you get error something like "com.sap.aii.mappingtool.mf.versioncompare.VersionComparisonPanel See error logs for details", then add the additional vc.jar file to your downloaded SAP PI jar files: https://app.box.com/s/oyml03tebxbwys25j6mfw71xgpijila8. And add the vc.jar entry in your batch file and then launch the ESR batch file

29 Comments
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Really nice blog,i was disappointed after sap disabled the hidden menu of PI mapping.

Now I can able to export the mappings with this procedure.

thank you.

Regards,

Dinesh Male

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Super like! Thanks for the blog.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil and Dinesh for your comments.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Going , Keep it up and provide us more of this kind!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used short cut CTRL + SHIFT + 0 with German keyboard, not CTRL+SHIFT+ ALT 0.

Maybe it is because of different keyboard layout.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Praveen.

I can export my MM with Ctrl+Shift+0 without the trick , as exported 7.1.

I have PI 7.3 , I just see the XIM file on my PC.

Regards.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

Really strange, I tried in couple of PI7.3 systems and for none of them it worked. Can you provide your PI service pack details? Do you also see import button for importing XIM files for your pi version with Ctrl+Shift+0

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Praveen.

Below you can see the details PI 7.3 and I can see the import button for exporting.

Also I tried with PI 7.3.1 but on this version I can't export the mapping as .xim

Regards

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

Thanks for your reply. It seems PI7.3 SP4 does not have implemented by default SAP security Note #1711728 to disable mapping exports/imports. Please check mark.smyth reply @http://scn.sap.com/message/13817473#13817473

Could you also please check if "

import button for importing XIM files for your p 7.3i version with Ctrl+Shift+0" exists/enabled by default?

Thanks,

Praveen Gujjeti

phil_enslin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

I am using a PI7.11 SP10 system and have followed all your steps as detailed. I am however unable to make either of the keyboard shortcuts CTRL+SHIFT+ALT 0 or CTRL + SHIFT + 0 work to export the xim file. I also tried the same shortcuts with O instead of 0 (zero). I do not have access to a pure 7.1 version of com.sap.xpi.ib.mt.gui.lib.jar

Is there a trick to making it work in PI 7.11, please?

Thanks

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the content. It was very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the problem that we do not have access to a PI 7.1 system anymore. At the moment we are migrating from 7.11 to 7.31 and would like to export and document the .XIM files of our message mappings.  That means we have no possibility to get the needed file:

com.sap.xpi.ib.mt.gui.lib.jar

Does anyone know how we could retrieve this single jar file? Maybe somebody could send it to me?

Regards,

André.

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

We are on PI 7.31 SP 10,i have tried all the steps suggested by you to download the mappings,have copied the jars from PI 7.1 to PI 7.31 folder and modified the batch file and was able to launch ESR with the batch file start.bat,but after opening my message mapping when i try pressing Ctrl+****+Alt+0 no action.I have tried even Ctrl+Shift+0 as well and also tried O instead in 0 for both the combinations,any clues why i am not able to download the mappings with the trick given by you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you make sure, that the short cut is not used by any other program and then test it again?

Regards

Dingjun

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have followed your both the blogs and  all steps I have performed but still CTRL+SHIFT+ALT 0 or CTRL + SHIFT + 0 is not working for me. Can you please help me here to identify missing step?

Thanks & Regards,

Rashmi

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

What is your PI/PO version?

Best Regards,

Praveen

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its PI 7.31

Thanks & Regards,

Rashmi

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Single stack? and service pack?

BR,

praveen

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is SAP PI 7.31 single stack with SP 14

Pushparaju
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Praveen,

I have followed your blogs and  all steps. start.bat gives below error in the screenshot .
Can you please help if need to do any additional settings for PO 7.5?

We are on PO 7.5 single stack and service pack 05

Thanks & Regards,
Raju.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Pushparaju,

Have your batch file into your TempIbJars folder and also copy javaws.jar file into this folder.

Edit the batach file to replace all C:\TempIBJars\ occurences with a BLANK. Save the batch file and then try to execute

Br,
Praveen
Pushparaju
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Praveen,

Thanks for quick help. After I edit the start.bat file webstart worked fine and I am facing below error now. Attaching the log. Did I miss any jar file?

Log:

C:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars>java -classpath "javaws.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ibrep.client.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ibrep.core.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ibrep.rb.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ib.client.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ib.core.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ib.rb.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ib.mt.gui.lib.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ib.mt.rb.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ib.mt.util.lib.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ib.mapping.lib.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ib.upload.core.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ib.upload.sap.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xi.mapping.tool.lib_api.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xi.flib.lib_api.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.aii.utilxi.core.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.aii.utilxi.gui.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.util.rb.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.aii.proxy.gen.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\frog.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ibrep.core.subn.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\jta.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\ejb20.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\sap.com~tc~sapxmltoolkit~sapxmltoolkit.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\sap.com~tc~exception~impl.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\sap.com~tc~logging~java~impl.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\sap.com~tc~bl~guidgenerator~impl.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\jperflib.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\sap.com~tc~bl~ni~impl.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\sap.com~tc~je~clientlib~impl.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\sap.com~tc~bl~jarm~jarm.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\tenComposite.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\tenGraph.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\tenGraphics.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\tenGenerics.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\tenGui.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\tenGuiResource.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ibrep.maestro.core.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\com.sap.xpi.ibrep.maestro.model.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\tenSkeleton.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\tenLookAndFeel.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\jaxb-api.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\jaxb-impl.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\jaxb-xjc.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\jsr173_1.0_api.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\activation.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\jaxb-api-2.1.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\jide-2.7.5.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\JimiProClasses-1.0.0.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\client.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\jsr-1.7.3.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\jxlayer-1.0.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\filters-2.0.235.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\y-reportdesigner-client-3.3.0-486419.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\y-annotations-1.0.0-346691.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\y-spellchecker-dictionaries-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\y-spellchecker-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\scptlang_en_help.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\commons-digester-1.8.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\commons-collections-commons-collections-3.2.2.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\arismethod.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\cl_locale.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\cl_locale_de.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\cl_locale_en.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\mail-1.4.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\jh-2.0_03.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\js-1.7R2.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\y-6.2.0.1.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\y-reportexecution-3.0.0-474547.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\y-reportdesigner-common-3.3.0-454947.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\y-graphics-3.3.1-471587.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\y-graphlayout-2.8.6-463383.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\y-guiframework-6.21.52-738883.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\y-lipo-1.1.2-416426.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\y-utils-2.2.4-469928.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\jdom-1.1.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\iaik_jsse.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\iaik_smime.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\iaik_ssl.jar;c:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\w3c_http.jar" com.sap.aii.ibrep.gui.appl.ApplicationImpl webstart
#0 00:09:05 [main] WARNING com.sap.aii.utilxi.icons.IconFactory: Cannot read icon ICON_MANAGE_SUBSCRIPTION
#1 00:09:05 [main] WARNING com.sap.aii.utilxi.icons.IconFactory: Cannot read icon ICON_OPEN_SUBSCRIBED_OBJECT
PerfTimes : loadNativeLayer: loading jperflib failed. no jperflib in java.library.path
#2 00:09:06 [main] INFO com.sap.aii.ib.core.applcomp.ExplicitApplicationComponents: Construction of EACs: AC implicit type id = REPOSITORY_WSCLIENT, AC alternate type id = null
#3 00:09:06 [main] INFO com.sap.aii.utilxi.prop.api.PropertySourceFactory: initializing properties for server mode...
#4 00:09:06 [main] INFO com.sap.aii.utilxi.prop.api.PropertySourceFactory: unable to get ExchangeProfile (could not load class ExchangeProfileR3PropertySource)
#5 00:09:07 [main] INFO com.sap.aii.utilxi.prop.api.PropertySourceFactory: setting PropertySource for "unknown"
#6 00:09:07 [main] INFO com.sap.aii.utilxi.prop.api.PropertySourceFactory: main properties source: FilePropertySource("C:\IT_CodeRepo\TempIbJars\aii.properties")
<<< frog.jar: version 7.20.19 03/09/11 sap.theme: null >>>
#7 00:09:07 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.Guitilities: Frog LookAndFeel successfully set
#8 00:09:07 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.Guitilities: MessageID=IBF.lib_gui.005266#Error in AWT-Event-Thread
Thrown:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jnlp/UnavailableServiceException
at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.personalization.persist.PersonalPersistProvider.<init>(PersonalPersistProvider.java:26)
at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.personalization.persist.PersonalPersistProvider.<clinit>(PersonalPersistProvider.java:21)
at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.personalization.PersonalizationManagerImpl.getResource(PersonalizationManagerImpl.java:118)
at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.login.SplashLoginFrame.initGUI(SplashLoginFrame.java:236)
at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.login.SplashLoginFrame.<init>(SplashLoginFrame.java:173)
at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.misc.ApplicationBase$1.run(ApplicationBase.java:161)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.Guitilities$EventProcessor.dispatchEvent(Guitilities.java:326)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.jnlp.UnavailableServiceException
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 21 more

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jnlp/UnavailableServiceException
at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.personalization.persist.PersonalPersistProvider.<init>(PersonalPersistProvider.java:26)
at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.personalization.persist.PersonalPersistProvider.<clinit>(PersonalPersistProvider.java:21)
at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.personalization.PersonalizationManagerImpl.getResource(PersonalizationManagerImpl.java:118)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.Guitilities$EventProcessor.dispatchEvent(Guitilities.java:326)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.jnlp.UnavailableServiceException
... 21 more
#9 00:09:08 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.ExceptionDialog: MessageID=IBF.lib_gui.005265#Failed to initialize Exception Dialog
Thrown:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jnlp/UnavailableServiceException
... 21 more

Thanks & Regards,
Raju.
former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi,

You have missed javaws.jar file in your directory where you have your PI jars files and the batch file

Check steps 7 & 8 in this blog: https://blogs.sap.com/2013/01/08/hidden-tools-in-xipi-bat-file-to-launch-esrid-frameworks/

Br,

Praveen Gujjeti

Pushparaju
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Praveen,

Thanks for catching the issue quickly. After placing the javaws.jar (following steps 7&8) I am able to get login screen. Once I enter user & pwd I am getting below error.

Please share the fix, If you see this error before.

Jochen_Gugel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

thanks for sharing this interesting information.

I tried using it on PI system PI 7.4 and 7.5.

ESR start and login works fine, but after exchange of jar com.sap.xpi.ib.mt.gui.lib.jar and running ESR with 7.1 version of this jar I am facing following error message while opening message mappings

com.sap.aii.mappingtool.mf.versioncompare.VersionComparisonPanel See error logs for details

other objects like external definitions and operation mappings could be opened without error.

have you have seen this error and have any idea how to fix it?

Any help appreciated.

thanks

cheers

Jochen

TomNeuhaus
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Praveen

I have the same issue as Jochen. But we have a SAP PI 7.31 in place.

------------------------------------

ESR start and login works fine, but after exchange of jar com.sap.xpi.ib.mt.gui.lib.jar and running ESR with 7.1 version of this jar I am facing following error message while opening message mappings
com.sap.aii.mappingtool.mf.versioncompare.VersionComparisonPanel See error logs for details

other objects like external definitions and operation mappings could be opened without error.

------------------------------------

Thank you

Regards Thomas

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Try adding this additional vc.jar file to your downloaded SAP PI jar files: https://app.box.com/s/oyml03tebxbwys25j6mfw71xgpijila8

And add the vc.jar entry in your batch file and launch the ESR tool and try again

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

TomNeuhaus
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Praveen

Thank you very much,  its works! Great Solution.

Regards Thomas

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Cheers!! Glad to hear 🙂
Labels in this area