Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohit_bansal3
Active Participant

Mastering the Enterprise Landscape: My Reasons for Pursuing the P_SAPEA_2023 Certification

As an SAP Technology Architect, I've mastered connecting businesses with cutting-edge tools. Yet, I yearned for something deeper than fleeting features. This wasn't just about another badge; it was about acquiring the foundation to design future-proof, technology-agnostic architectures.

P_SAPEA_2023 wasn't merely a certification; it was a transformative journey. It challenged me to break free from the limitations of individual modules and modules, fostering a panoramic view. I craved solutions that wouldn't become obsolete with the next software update. This is where P_SAPEA_2023 truly shone.

EA Certificate.png

Why is this relevant to you?

I highly recommend this course. Built upon the TOGAF methodology yet tailored for SAP/ERP transformations, its value extends even without prior TOGAF certification.

It chronicles my journey, the lessons learned, the challenges conquered, and the practical tips that will propel your own certification preparation.

Join me on this exploration of navigating the P_SAPEA process, mastering essential frameworks, and ultimately, architecting for the future.

Certification  Key Detail

LegendsDetail
Certification Course DetailP_SAPEA_2023 - SAP Certified Professional - SAP Enterprise Architect | SAP Training
Cut score80%
Time 3 Hours 
Multiple Choice Questions 22
Case Study Based Questions18
Coarse offered by SAPIEA10, IEA10 - SAP Intelligent Enterprise - Architecture Foundation | SAP Training
Exam GuideP_SAPEA_2023_Exam_Guide.pdf
Topics 

1. SAP Enterprise Architecture Framework and Toolset 

2. Architecture Vision and Roadmap 

3. Business Architecture

4. Data, Application, and Technology Architecture

Certification Preparation: How I started Preparing for the Exam

Prior to tackling the SAP Enterprise Architect Certification(P_SAPEA_2023), I had embarked on a journey towards TOGAF certification. Dedicating several months to its preparation laid a strong foundation that proved invaluable for the SAP exam.

Upon discovering the P_SAPEA_2023 certification listed in IEA10 - SAP Intelligent Enterprise - Architecture Foundation | SAP Training,  I was immediately draw...

However, navigating the initial stages of research regarding training options, study materials, and exam content took some time and meticulous effort.

Based on my personal experience, I offer the following recommendations for exam preparation:

Preparation Content Detail

Starting Point

SAP Enterprise Architecture Framework - SAP Community

@Rene_de_Daniel ,A special thanks to Rene for their exceptional contribution.

This blog provides a comprehensive and well-structured summary of the key topics and content.

Highly recommended for anyone seeking an initial understanding of the subject.

Learn from Expert & SAP Training

IEA10 - SAP Intelligent Enterprise - Architecture Foundation | SAP Training

SAP offers virtual training courses that provide a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the subject matter.

I recommend these trainings and I am sure it would be  immensely helpful in gaining a deep understanding of the material.

Master the metro map

SAP Enterprise Architecture Framework - SAP Community

P632993_0-1706775510565.png

Effective Enterprise Architecture demands a comprehensive understanding of the organization's interconnected systems and dependencies.

Mastering this intricate landscape requires dedication, strategic planning, and continuous practice of "Metro Map".

There are no shortcuts to achieving this proficiency.

Map/visualization used in Enterprise Architecture:

• Formal term: Enterprise Architecture Framework (EAF) - a set of tools and methods for documenting and analyzing an organization's architecture.
  • Key features: Visualize relationships between components, highlight areas of improvement, communicate architecture to stakeholders.
Master SAP Reference Architecture published in SAP Business Accelerator Hub

Developing a Solid Foundation in SAP Enterprise Architecture:

1. Master the SAP Reference Architecture Views:

Gain a comprehensive understanding of the various reference architecture views offered by SAP. These views provide frameworks for analyzing and designing your enterprise architecture using best practices and standard components.

2. Deep Dive into Individual Views:

Delve into each view to develop a thorough grasp of its purpose and functions:

• Solution Value Flow Diagram
  • Solution Component Diagram
  • Solution Data Flow Diagram
  • Solution Process Flow Diagram
SAP BTP & Clean Core Methodology

Embrace the Cloud Ecosystem:

Solidify your knowledge of SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) and its role in enabling cloud-ready applications.

Explore how these solutions empower flexibility, scalability, and innovation for your organization.

Mastering SAP BTP: Key Pillars and Development Tools

Here's how you can rewrite the provided key areas for professional communication:

1. Demystifying the Foundational Elements of SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP):

Gain a comprehensive understanding of the core pillars that underpin SAP BTP's functionality. This includes exploring its integration capabilities, application development and runtime services, data and analytics offerings, and security features.

2. Unveiling the Toolkit for Building Modern Applications:

Familiarize yourself with the essential tools utilized for developing cloud-native applications on SAP BTP. This encompasses delving into SAP Cloud Application Programming Model (CAP) for serverless and microservices architectures, as well as SAP Fiori for user-friendly web and mobile interfaces.

3. Navigating the Clean Core and Cloud-Ready Paradigm:

Grasp the concepts of SAP's Clean Core and Cloud-Ready Apps strategy. This involves understanding the separation of innovation and core functionality, the benefits of cloud-native development, and approaches for extending and modernizing on-premise deployments.

4. Exploring the Extensibility Landscape for SAP S/4HANA:

Examine the various options available for extending SAP S/4HANA, regardless of deployment model (public cloud or on-premise).

This includes delving into the capabilities of ABAP, SAP Cloud Application Programming Model, side-by-side extensions with SAP BTP, and other relevant tools.

Practical Tips & My Approach: Conquering the SAP Enterprise Architect Certification

As you know, the SAP Enterprise Architect Certification exam boasts 40 questions with two sections, one dedicated to 18 case study-based challenges.

With a demanding 80% cut score, every question carries significant weight, making it difficult to pinpoint "critical" topics. Drawing on my experience, I'd like to share some valuable tips that might help you conquer this certification.

Bridging the Gap: From 60% to Mastery

Reaching 80% and securing certification undoubtedly requires intense preparation and practice.

Connecting with various individuals stuck in the 60-80% range confirmed this challenge. But fear not! I would share some practical tips which might help & bridge the gap and emerge victorious.

1. Scrutinize Each Question:

Approach each question with meticulous attention. Read carefully, grasp the context, and take your time. You'd be surprised how often the answer subtly hides within the question itself 😊

2. Navigate Real-World Scenarios:

Expect a fair share of scenario-based questions mimicking real-world situations. Imagine yourself as the Chief Enterprise Architect and CIO, tasked with solving critical business problems. A solid understanding of the "Enterprise Architecture Metro Map," where TOGAF foundations play a crucial role, is paramount here.

3. Dive Deep into Business Models:

Thoroughly immerse yourself in the sequence of activities within Business Process Modelling (BPM) and Business Capabilities Modelling (BCM) for Reference Business Architecture.

Similarly, grasp how Reference Solution Architecture leverages Reference Business Architecture through software solutions and solution processes.

4. Master "Principal, Statement, Rational, Implication":

EA10 - SAP Intelligent Enterprise - Architecture Foundation equips you with a deep understanding of "Principal, Statement, Rational, Implication." Master these concepts.

5. Familiarize Yourself with SAP's Product Portfolio:

Having a strong grasp of SAP's various product lines is essential. Prepare for mix-and-match questions testing your ability to identify suitable solutions for diverse business needs.

Explore product lines like Customer Experience (CX) and Customer Relationship Management to bolster your knowledge.

6. Visualize, Map, and Integrate:

Visualize process sequences and map them to relevant SAP products within the broader context. Utilize resources like the Integration Reference to further enhance your understanding.

7. Delve into Key Topics:

Gain a comprehensive understanding of the following:

• Developer extensibility, side-by-side extensions using SAP Business Technology Platform, and their tier placement.
  • Key benefits of adopting the "Clean Core" methodology for enterprises.
  • The meaning of "Cloud Ready" development and SAP's future directions in this domain.

8. Explore Essential Tools and Solutions:

Develop a solid understanding of these frequently tested tools and solutions:

9. Embrace Dedication and Avoid Shortcuts:

Remember, there are no shortcuts or quick fixes. This certification demands dedication and commitment. Utilize formal training, self-study resources, community forums, practical exercises, and real-world projects to solidify your knowledge and master the core concepts.

Closing Remarks:

By diligently following these practical tips and dedicating yourself to learning, you'll be well on your way to conquering the SAP Enterprise Architect Certification. Remember, a solid foundation and unwavering commitment are key to success in this dynamic field.

Please feel free to connect with me on Linkedin.

Chees;

Mohit Bansal

1 Comment
Labels in this area