Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sookriti_Mishra
Active Participant
Dear Reader,

This blog post is a part of a series of blog posts related to SAP Cloud Platform Integration. The blogs so far are:

• My adventure in learning CPI || Part 1 || All about SAP Cloud

• My adventure in learning CPI || Part 2 || Deployment Models

• My adventure in learning CPI || Part 3 || Cloud Security

• SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI) || Part 4 || Know your tool

• SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI) || Part 5 || Content Modifier

Up next:

• SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI) || Part 7 || Maintaining logs/ using “Groovy Scripts”, even if the IFlow is not on trace mode.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Various adapters (i.e. technical protocols which are used to connect a sender or receiver to the tenant (CPI), are provided by SAP, such as SOAP, OData, Mail, SuccessFactors, HTTPs, Ariba, Facebook, Twitter, ProcessDirect, etc).

In this blog, I shall explain to you about the Mail adapter.

The below is the IFlow, where I have used (a) a Start Timer which means, the message will trigger, the moment the IFlow is deployed, (b) a Content Modifier, just to show how to call the elements in the body of the email.

You can call the Header as, ${header.elementName}, Property as, ${property.elementName}, and Message Body as ${in.body} in the subject/ body of the email.

In my example, I am trying send an email from a Gmail ID.

For the Connection setting refer the screenshot below that needs to be maintained. 

1. Address, the address maintained is smtp.gmail.com:587 where, smtp.gmail.com is the address which allows the sender to an email and check the domain of the sender through the email ID provided, and 587 is the port behind the SSL certificate for security. Now, this smtp.gmail.com is applicable only for Google Customers i.e. gmail users.

There are different standard ports used by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Rediff, or Godaddy such as 587, 465, 995, 993, and 25.

2. Credential Name, is to be maintained in the Security Material.

In the Operations View, go to Security Material, and add User Credentials.

Enter your ID, and password of your Gmail account, and Deploy.

Please ensure that your ID is unblocked for API mail sending.

3. Under Mail Attribute, mention the your ID which has been unblocked for API mail sending, and the receipient's email addresses followed by a (,).

In the Subject, and body, mention enter your email context, and as I have stated earlier, you can call the Header, Property, and Message Body of the content modifier.

After you deploy, a message shall be triggered, and you shall get an email like the below:

Click on "Check Activity", and click on, "Yes, it was me".

Now, go to Manage Account:

Here, "Turn on" the Less secure app access.

After you are done, making these changes, re-deploy the IFlow, and you shall get an email like the below:

That is it about the mail adapter.

Hope you had a good read.

If you wish to know more, or have any queries on the said processes, then please feel free to drop a comment.

Thanks & Regards,

Sookriti Mishra
38 Comments
Labels in this area