Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramneet_kaur2
Explorer

Basics of SAC Features- Hyperlinking in SAC

As the word hyperlink comes to our mind, it gives the idea of setting up link between any 2 sources via different modes.

Same is the Hyperlink feature we will see in this document specific to SAC.

This document covers the feasibilities of hyperlinking from a table in SAC.

Hyperlinking options in SAC

We will cover 2 main scenarios here –

1. External Source

2. Story Link

External Source

To link a dimension to an external URL from a table, we do have an option available to map the particular dimension that is used in the table or from list of all available dimension.

IN USE shows the list of dimensions mapped in your table.

ALL shows up the full list of dimensions available in the model.

Now to map a dimension from a table to external hyperlink,

Click on the dimension. Here we map it to location.

Click on Hyperlink and navigate to the hyperlink input panel –

For instance, here I have linked the location dimension to its Wikipedia page.

The URL creation goes in like – add a Wikipedia link + we can add location dimension from the In Use List

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Location

You can chose the Label and Navigation Tab option in the same Panel.

Once Hyperlinking is done, you get 2 options in the Table to action upon the Hyperlink-

In Table details we get an option - “Navigate to External URL”. Select on a cell and we can navigate to the external link.

Also, you have the option to show the hyperlinks in the tables, once clicked we get it as below –

Now, upon clicking on Los Angeles, you will be navigated to its Wikipedia page.

Note – Hyperlinks in table cells is enabled only in External link option.

Scenario 2 – Linking from Summary to Details story via story linking

This is a common scenario, where a user wants to navigate from a summary to a detail story where he can look and analyze all his business data to the lowest granularity.

To achieve this, we have created 2 stories- Summary and Detail.

Summary Story –

Product and all KPIs

Detail story –

Product, store, location, sales manager and all KPIs

We start with the same steps to add hyperlink to a selected column-

We will chose an option to Link to a story here and we can select the relevant story from a “Chose a story”.

Once you select your story, you do have an option to chose the page as well, in case you want to navigate to a particular page.

In our case, we just have 1 page – product wise, so navigation lands up at this very page for us.

You do have a option for selecting a new tab and also if we want to set the filter for our details report from the summary one.

We will check both the options for our scenario.

As you select “Apply Selected dimension as filter”, you will also have an option to enable cascading filter.

Selecting this will pass our selected cell as a filter value to our detail report/

Now , once we done all our mappings to enable Hyperlink from a Summary to a details report , we have 2 ways to click and navigate to detail story-

So, here we have clicked on product IPA cell and navigated to the details story.

The IPA Product filter would be applied and details story will give us all mapped insights related to IPA product.

Hope this helps!!

21 Comments
abhinav_shrivastava1
Active Participant
Thank you for sharing this experience.
0 Kudos
Thanks,option to enable hyperlink in cell helped me!
0 Kudos
Thanks,

I tried to update one hyperlink to WEBi report, if i try to add one more hyperlink to another story it is not happening.

only one hyperlink can be enabled at a time,.?

ramneet_kaur2
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi - The post shares the details for SAC tool and not Webi.

Also, on the webi front, we can enable hyperlink in different columns or cells to respective stories.

I hope this helps as per details shared.
0 Kudos
hello ,

The post in on SAC hyperlinking, i have gone through the article.

what is my requirement is

1> from story i created a hyperlink to analytical application, how to pass value for that analytical application from a story ex:say suppose i have clicked on customer 100, in analytical application my data to be filtered with customer 100

how to pass the value from story and how to read this value in analytical applcn.

2> from story if i needed 2 hyperlinks enabled, is that achievable.?

former_member701856
Participant
0 Kudos
hi, nice explanation.

I have on doubt:

I want to set the value of a table cell as a filter to a specif page using the hyperlink tool. I've follow the steps described in the article enabling the "Apply selected dimension as a filter" option in the hyperlink settings, but I wasn't successful.

I saw that in your printscreen a option called "Go to link" is displayed when you selected the IPA product. This option doesn't appear for me. Is there any additional settings to enable this?

Thanks!
ramneet_kaur2
Explorer

Hi marcos.lobo ,

“Go To Link:” option is available when clicked on Measure values.

There are 2 ways to navigate –

Via dimensions  – it is Navigate to from Table Details

and

Via Measures it is “Go To LInk”.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

former_member701856
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Ramneet Kaur,

It works now.

Thank you very much!
SayedZubair
Active Participant
Hi Ramneet,

A great blog.

Does this work the same when live connection is used? I can see when live connection is used, a hyperlink within table values doesn't support (on a specific dimension, say "CountryCode"). It only takes to the specific page linked but does not filter out.

Please correct if I am wrong, or any other way to achieve this?

Thank You.
rpuranik
Participant
Hi Ramneet, I have a question. Can I create a hyperlink from SAC to BO webi report and passing the value from SAC to BO WEBI report?

Thanks

Roopa
deshmukh
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Ramneet,

Nice blog.

I want to pass range slider values to webi report.

For ex: my range slider is built on Year and the values of range slider are like

2021 2022 2023 2024 2025

If i select 2022 to 2024 in the range slider. My webi report should display data only for these 3 years.

Please advise how to achieve this.

Thanks.
graham_fox3
Newcomer
0 Kudos
Hi Ramneet

I set up similar to scenario 2 with summary story and then go link to detail story.

It does not apply the filter from story 1 [summarised] to detail stories BW prompt?

Must the BW query for the detail be set up in different way for the SAC filters to be passed as a prompt in BW? Does this functionality support the BW query with live connection?

Regards
su01
Participant
As always: Don't forget to check your SAP Notes.

As of today there are 18 notes on "Hyperlink" for component LOD-ANA.

Two of my favorites today:
2665770 - Hyperlink feature issues in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) & SAP Digital Boardroom
2716670 - Some hyperlinks on stories don't work in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) & SAP Digital Boardroom
arvshar2
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi, thanks for sharing valuable information.

Any idea how to pass parameter from external application..for example html application to sac for a dimension

Regards

Arvind
VB09104
Active Participant
I am not able to find the option Via dimensions  – it is Navigate to from Table Details. Can you guide as what is missing here ?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi,

Try: Table > Add > Hyperlink

as per images below

regards, H
VB09104
Active Participant
Thanks for your reply Henry!

I was trying to create hyperlink with link to next page and pass material value as filter to next page. After creation of hyperlink, when I filter that value in table, it creates story level filter and eventually will applied as filter to next page.

Thanks,

Vikas
anurag_malviya
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Ramneet,

Please let me know if you have solution for below issue:

Automatic change of hyperlink after importing story to a new SAP Analytics Cloud tenant | SAP Commun...

Thanks,

Anurag

krithikashetty
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Ramneet,

Really good blog!

I would like to know solution for this scenario:

I have a table as mentioned in the screenshot below:

I'm looking for a solution where we click on say 'Chocolate cake' and it opens up the respective URL either in the web browser widget or on the external browser. Please note that there could be scenarios where the list may contain a 1000 URL's, I don't see the option of adding each and every URL in the hyper link-> external URL as a viable option here. Can you please help me out here?
marcpara
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ramneet.kaur2,

Thanks for this nice blog.

Can we define several hyperlinks in the same table ? I tried without success so far.

hacho
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Ram,

We have gone through the scenario, but one option is not worked for me.

I have different product codes in my product list, how can i add to each product code to different hyper link , when i have applied hyper link as mentioned above, but the same url is applying for all the product codes. could you please tell me how can i overcome the issue.
Labels in this area