Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vincentdechandon
Contributor

Hi everyone.

We're pleased to announce that Galigeo For Lumira, a mapping extension for SAP Lumira which brings powerful location insights for your data, is getting more and more integrated with all the SAP Lumira Suite. That means that after being available on Lumira Desktop since version 1.23 and SAPPHIRE 2015, it is now available on SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform (1.29+).

If you are not already familiar with Galigeo For Lumira, please consider a varierty of blog posts that deals with it, like this one, this one, or even this one!

If you are already involved and don't want to wait any longer, get started right now by downloading a trial version of Galigeo For Lumira.

Example of a story using Galigeo4Lumira displayed on the BI LaunchPad

Without further ado, let's do a quick tutorial, as has become the norm in my blog posts!

As you might already know, Galigeo For Lumira is the only mapping solution for SAP Lumira that allows you use your own custom geodata to display your KPIs on it.

I've already described how to leverage this important - if it's not core - feature for Lumira Desktop, so right now I'll explain the same process, but for the Lumira Server for BI Platform (I will call it Lumira BIP for convenience).

To leverage using custom geodata from a variety of data sources (shapefile, geojson, ...) and then map them in Lumira, one can use a free desktop tool called Galigeo Manager, that will allow anyone to easily add their own geodata and see it in Lumira in just a few clicks.

Note that Galigeo Manager is develivered automatically if you download Galigeo For Lumira.

Then, importing custom geodata and using it in Lumira Desktop is accepted, indeed you can do it live, you don't even have to restart Lumira to make it work. Making it work for Lumira BIP is also quite easy, but the process is not the same.

To enable Lumira BIP to display the custom geodata you've added in your Galigeo Manager, just open Galigeo Manager if it's not done, go to File, then chose Export Extension.

It will create a valid Lumira extension that contains your geodata, and can be installed either on Lumira Desktop or Lumira BIP.

That's it!

Then, just install the generated extension to your Lumira BIP using the standard SAP process, and you are ready to display advanced mapping visualization with your own data.

Moreover, the possibility to create your own custom Galigeo For Lumira extension is more poweful than you might think.

Let's take a use-case example.

You've added custom geodata and created stunning visualizations. Some of your colleagues are impressed, and want to do what you did (or at least try to do what you did, because we both know you're the best!). They really like the geodata you used, but they don't know where to find it.

Well, they don't have to.

Just create a custom Galigeo For Lumira extension using your Galigeo Manager, and give it to them. They will benefit from all the customization you've already done, and they'll be able to get up and running even faster than you did.

Well, that's all for the moment.

This tutorial is really easy to go through, and indeed that's because Galigeo For Lumira, and all the ecosystem around, have been designed to be as simple as possible.

As always, if you have further questions, ideas, or even constructive feedbacks, do not hesitate to comment on this blog post or to send me a private message.

Also, please do not hesitate to share this blog post if you found it interesting. There is social buttons at the bottom of this blog.

Cheers,

Vincent

Labels in this area