Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suraj05
Explorer

Dear SCN Community ,

I have been going through the SCN Blogs for Debugging DTP Filter routines where I found to put a BREAK-POINT in code which is not possible in a Production Environment where a complex routine needs to be simulated . For this case I have followed an approach which will be helpful :

Here we will discuss a simple approach to debug a DTP filter routine which doesn’t need a hard coded break point.

1. Go to the DTP and in Execute Tab select Processing Mode as Serially in the Dialog process (for Debugging) – Expert Mode (To make sure no data gets loaded once debugging is completed).

Simulate.png

2.Now go to class CL_RSBC_FILTER_CMD and method PROCESS_SEL_ROUTINE. We will see a standard piece of code with LOOP AT l_t_varseltab . Put a debug point at the line .

code.png

3.DTP filter routines are a type of Form with naming convention C_<FIELD_NAME>.In the above snip put a debug point on the PERFORM statement. PERFORM Key word is used to call the form.

4.Now in DTP screen, put /H in the Transaction screen and press enter. Now click on simulate.

debug.png

5.If there are multiple filter routines in the DTP, debugger will call routines 1 by 1. Once the variable is picked up by debugger for which we need to debug the code, go inside the perform statement. We will be landed on the DTP filter code which we wanted to debug. Hence we can debug the code in a Production Environment in a simple and easy approach.

Assign points if its useful for you ! 🙂

Best Regards,

Suraj Grewal

1 Comment
Labels in this area