Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
engswee
Active Contributor

I had the opportunity recently to try out a long awaited feature of the File adapter - display FCC content in PI monitor. This arrived with the enhancements on PI/PO 7.31 SP13 / 7.4 SP8. There is not much details on the online SAP Help portal as the page that contains information about this has a dead link.

Hence the purpose of this short blog - to highlight the availability of this feature and the usage details. Although it is just a simple configuration, it is a value added feature during both development and support phases.

Configuration

It is a pretty simple configuration which just requires an addition of a new parameter in Advanced Mode.

Parameter NameParameter Value
messageLogtrue

Testing

Below is a example of the receiver channel FCC configuration for simple CSV conversion with header line.

The target message payload that will go through FCC.

Message log displaying the payload prior to FCC.

Now the new parameter, there is a new log version "FCC Version" in the message log which shows the converted content that will be placed in the target location.

Further info

The feature shown above is for the Receiver channel. An enhancement for the Sender channel was released with the latest 7.31 SP14 / 7.4 SP9 but the system I'm working on has not been upgraded yet so I haven't had the chance to try that out.

Flat File Content for Sender File Adapter (New) - What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.4 (Release Notes) - ...

For displaying flat file content on other adapters, I use MessageLoggerBean (before or after FCC on MessageTransformBean) in the module chain. More details on that standard module in the blog below.

Message Staging and Logging Options in Advanced Adapter Engine of PI/PO 7.3x/7.4

10 Comments
Labels in this area