Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
This blog post is part of the SAP Conversational AI Tutorial Challenge 2021 and I would like to share my use case "Indian Online Shopping Assistant Bot" with you. Using this bot, I will assist online users to get them know how much cashback amount will they receive when they purchase products in online through this bot.

What is the use case about?

Background:

Myself, I am Anand, SAP Fiori Developer. Due to my own interest in AI, I have explored SAP CAI and created a few bots. Today, I would like to share a use case where I have used this AI technology to fulfill one of my own requirement.

While learning CAI by going through the tutorials provided by team, I've found it interesting and exciting. During this process, I have got acquainted with Telegram bots and cloud foundry. While learning React.Js, I have come across robots.txt file and learned about web scraping concept. After knowing that it is legal to do scraping of any website over internet, I would like to use all these concepts( SAP CAI + Node Js + Cloud Foundry + Telegram ) to create a bot which will help online shopping users to check additional cashback amount they may get while place an order.

Use Case: - Shopping Assistant

Customers want to check how much cashback amount that they might get receive if they place an order using this bot.

Solution:

Indian Online Shopping Assistant bot helps users to identify the suprise cashback amount that they may receive if they place an order through this bot. By this way, customers know in advance how much amount that they are going to get as a cashback and they don't want to loose that.

Step-by-Step Guide:

1. Using my P-ID , I have logged into SAP CAI and created a bot named 'Nestham'.

2. Greetings, OnlineShopping and Fallback are the three skill sets that I have used majorly to interact with users.

3. Backend logic is written in NodeJs and deployed the project in cloud foundry.

4. As a webhook, I have consumed this logic during runtime to fetch the data based on user's input.

5. I have added person as requirement in Greetings skillset to know about user name but this will not be required if you integrate this bot with Facebook or Telegram becaue it has access to read the username based on user's login information.

6. When User choose(Amazon) one of the button to proceed below screen will appear.

7. When user click on Yes button then it will request for url to proceed

8. Online shopping skill got triggered and it gives a call to below webhook

9. Response from API will be displayed on screen

10. If user click on Yes, Restart button will be appeared to go back to home else it will prompt for a new url

11. After done with thorough test testing, I have connected this bot with WebChat, Telegram and Facebook Messenger

12. WebChat link:  IndianOnlineShopping

13.  Click on SAP chatbot integrated at the bottom of the page to assist you with the shopping.

14. In Telegram, bot is live and it is available with 'Indian Online Shopping Assistant' name

15. However, I am a bit disappointed about the output after it has gone live on Telegram. UI looks weird when compared to chat preview in CAI, some messages got truncated  😞

16. In facebook messenger, bot is available with the name 'Indian Online Shopping Assistant'. you can find with this name

17. Though UI looks rich , webhooks are not functioning properly. May be I have not properly configured the webhook in my app  😞

18. I would like to introduce you another bot which I have developed and working fine in Telegram is 'Amazon Cashback Calculator' bot . I have used Telegram UI and created this as a native bot.

19. I would like to highlight a point before closing this tutorial, always keep in mind that UI design of a Bot depends on the platform you are going to deploy it. Because, some of the features shown in Chat Preview(simulation) option won't work when they have gone live.

Note:

• I have taken a Non-SAP use case but using SAP CAI concept, I have designed this bot 🙂 . I hope you would like it.

• I request CAI team to look into these UI compatibility issues of bots when integrating with telegram

47 Comments
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant

Hi There,

'Indian Online Shopping Assistant' Bot is working fine in Telegram. Please play around with it and leave your comments here. If you like the bot or this article, kindly share it with your friends and show your love and support 🙂

Note: please enter 'Hi' if you don't get any follow up message for your query.

For Example:

Expected

Actual Output:

Follow-up message is not appearing in Telegram for some urls. So, please enter Hi in the input bar to go back to home screen. Except this glitch remaining functionality is working fine 🙂

Thanks,

Anand.

former_member727621
Discoverer
good one and very useful information for AI learners. Looking for more use cases.
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Sir. I will explore it and let you know 🙂
Nice blog and very helpful . Thank you!
avinash_kalamkar
Discoverer
great work Anand, Looking forward for more updates on this!

Good one Anand.

Pavan
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Harika 🙂
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Avinash 🙂
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you so much Pavan 🙂
former_member727943
Discoverer
Nice blog Anand. Very helpful.
Nice blog Anand...
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Hema 🙂
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Srini 🙂

This is a very useful blog for those who want to know about AI and I do not even know what AI is.

Anand you did Great work and thank you providing us this thread because you prepared step by step with screen shots so easy to learn it.

I am looking forward for more use cases in SAP CAI like this from you. 

anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP CAI provides a very good tutorials for us to learn from scratch and they are pretty much simple in understanding those. I will help you always if you have any doubts bro 🙂

Paul_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thank you for sharing this great blog on the SAP Community. Good luck with the challenge!
Good Work Anand
Bharadwaj_K
Explorer
Good work Anand..

Keep posting the good stuff like this. This is very much interesting to learn.
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you very much for your comments Paul. It made my Day 🙂
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Sandhya 🙂
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Bharadwaj 🙂 and it's very interesting to build bots too 😉

former_member728047
Discoverer
Good one Anand!! Keep up the good work.
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Lakshmi 🙂
Good one Anand. Inspire to explore more within SAP.
Superb Work Anand. Nice and Simple Chatbot. Keep it up and Continue exploring new thing.
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you dude 🙂 Regularly, Lot of new things are rolling out from SAP. Keep watching SAP space 🙂
Good topic Anand, Learned something new today:)
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Arun 🙂
Proud of your hard work and dedication, Anand. Keep up with your contribution to SAP community
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you dude 🙂
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Rashmi 🙂 . I am looking forward to contribute more to SAP world .
nickholm42
Discoverer
Nice project Anand, well done.
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Nick 🙂
former_member728726
Discoverer
Hi Anand,

Excellent work.

Thank you

Sridhar
0 Kudos
Thank you Sridhar 🙂
former_member728883
Discoverer
Nice Application
jasmine_mohammad
Discoverer
Its really Amazing Anand. Keep it up
0 Kudos
Thank you Arun 🙂
0 Kudos
Thank you Jasmine 🙂
former_member728946
Discoverer
Very Good Sir. Really Sooper. Very Briefly Explained
anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you 🙂
0 Kudos
Good Work Anand. Nice to see the bot functionality. Thanks
0 Kudos
Thank you Gowri 🙂
former_member729714
Discoverer
0 Kudos
This is really a very interesting piece of work, Anand. Great job done!
0 Kudos
Thank you Bhayya 🙂
former_member729714
Discoverer
0 Kudos
You are very much welcome! 🙂
0 Kudos
It was more infromative and i was motivated
Labels in this area