Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you help me solving this query:

Material: M (Proc Type: F)

Ordering Plant: P1

Desired Source Plant: P2

Undesired Source Plant: P3

But when Pur Req is being created (manually), the PReq is picking up P3 as Source and not P2.

TLanes exist for all combinations, i.e. P2--> P1; and P3 --> P1.

TLane from P3>P1 has Procurement Priority maintained as 99.00, while for TLane P2>P1, the Procurement Priority is 0.00. Normally Proc Priority of 0.00 is the preferred source. But here it is picking up P3 which has lower (99.00) priority.

Are there other settings guiding the source of supply pick? Or can you comment on why the above scenario would be happening...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that by manual creation of Preq, you mean creation in product view (rrp3). This is a PPDS transaction, so PPDS functionality would come into play as per the settings.

It would be best to post this question in PPDS forum.

Some fields that could help you go deeper would be:

Product master PPDS tab - Check the planning procedure. Check also if any product Heuristics is maintained.

I have less knowledge in PPDS, but I understand that quota is relevant for PPDS as well, and would be the first determining criteria as to which source would be selected.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right that I tried to create Pur Req through RRP3. These orders would be PPDS.

But I can see the existing Pur Reqs in the product view, which are of SNP type, have also picked up wrong/undesired source.

(I will post it in PPDS forum in case I don't get more replies here)

In Product Master PP/DS tab, I see "PP Planing Procedure" field has value "2" (Manual Without Check). Product Heuristic is not maintained.

How to check quota?

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check quota arrangements in /SAPAPO/SCC_TQ1 - Quota Arrangement . Menu path is: Advanced Planning and Optimization -> Master Data -> Quota Arrangement .

I guess you might have INBOUND quota at the destination location (Assuming that you use SNP Heuristics and not Optimizer or CTM).

For more details about how SAP will determine source in SNP, you can check out the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/1c/4d7a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot...

Yes, we use Heurisitcs only.

I checked. For Plant P1, this material doesn't have a quota setting.

For Plant P2, this material has a 100% Inbound Quota Arrangement.

Plant P3 doesn't have a quota arrangement.

Does this help? Since Plant P1 is sourcing the material from P2/P3; is it that the inbound quota arrangement at P2 won't allow procurement from plant P3? Or we still have something else as the culprit?

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, this is not fitting in. If inbound quota is maintained, then it should have been maintained at P1, and it should have been specified that 100% demand at P1 would be met from P3. Only in that scenario, P2 would be out of picture as source of supply.

Other possibility is that there is an outbound quota maintained for P2 that it would only supply to some other plant, and not to P1.

Check the outbound quota for P2 for the material (or for all materials selection option).

PS: Since you are not seeing inbound quota at P1, one more possibility of "quota base quantity" would be ruled out. Otherwise, for the item we would have checked this as well.

Inbound quota at P2 is only relevant when P2 will receive the material, and not for this case where you are considering that P2 is one of the source of supply.

Does this explain your situation?

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Pawan.

I could solve this issue so I am closing the thread. Actually the TLanes from P2-->P1 had "blocking indicator" checked (for this code), which I had overlooked and was trying to find more serious issues like proc priority and quota... thanks anyway...

Answers (0)