Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to export a data.js file in order to easier test FSM HTML reports

DAcker
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,
is it possible to export the data.js for a certain FSM activity in order to make testing of the FSM HTML report easier?

Currently the testing is time-consuming to upload and check the report on the mobile app for every little change ...

BR,
Deborah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

r_barabas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Deborah

I've used the Windows FSM App before, as it will temporarily save the data.js file to the temporary directory (%temp%). This allowed me to grab a copy of it and save it next to the report template for faster debugging.

The other approach is to build a special report template that just prints the raw data json to a pdf. Then copy and paste the pdf content to a text file on your PC. This works for small samples, but with a big amount of data it can be cumbersome. I've had luck by using a very small fontsize in the css stylesheets so it fits on one page.

Best regards

Raphael Barabas

DAcker
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,
I tried to go for the first apprroach with the Windows FSM App.

But unfortunately it did not work. I was just seeing tmp-files with 0 KB, that I could not open in the %temp% directory. Should the data.js directly appear when the report PDF file is showing in Windows app?
Do you have more details on this?

Thanks a lot!
Best regards,
Deborah

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

r_barabas
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Deborah

I just checked: There's a subfolder in the temporary directory of your user.

You can use this path in Explorer to get there: %temp%\SapFsmTemporaryFiles\

In here you will find all files related to the report building process. Also a subfolder with a cryptic name. In there you should find the report template and the data.js file.

Every time a report is created using the Windows app, a new folder will appear. The cryptic name of the folder is actually a unix timestamp combined with the cloud ID of the activity.

Best regards

Raphael Barabas

DAcker
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, that worked. I found it! 🙂