Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF-Master Data Change Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have read several threads on this topic but still need to confirm the below :

Transfer of master data changes can have two scenarios :

CASE 1 : Change in data of a material that already exists in an active integration model

CASE 2 : Change in data of a material that makes it now eligible/ineligible to be transferred to APO as per the existing filtering criteria

Following are maintained :

• Activate ALE Change Pointers Generally maintained in transaction BD61
  • Activate ALE Change Pointers for Message Types maintained for 'CIFMAT' in transaction BD50
  • ALE Change Transfer, Periodic maintained in transaction CFC9
  • Master data field (Material-MARC-PLIFZ) with message type CIFMAT is already mainatained in transaction BD52

For CASE 1 :

I noted the below when I change 'Planned delivery time' in MM02 :

• Creation of new integration model by CFM1 and activation by CFM2 DOES NOT TRANSFER the change
  • Background job with RIMODGEN as step 1 and RIMODAC2 as step 2 DOES NOT TRANSFER the change (Essentially same as above but in background.Does this take care of only CASE 2 ? )
  • Mere deactivation and reactivation of the model in CFM2 TRANSFERS the change
  • RIMODINI TRANSFERS the change (But this is initial data transfer)
  • Background job with RIMODAC2 (With deactivate all models) as step 1,RIMODGEN as step 2 and RIMODAC2 (With activate newest model) as step 3  TRANSFERS the change

Thus to transfer data change (to take care of both case 1 and case 2) and transfer dependent transaction data,is the below sequence in background job recommended ?

For master data change transfer :

STEP 1 : RIMODAC2 (With deactivate all models)

STEP 2 : RIMODGEN

STEP 3 : RIMODAC2 (With activate newest model)

STEP 4 : RIMODDEL

For transaction data transfer arising out of CASE 2 :

STEP 5 : RIMODGEN (For transaction data models)

STEP 6 : RIMODAC2 (For transaction data models)

(Above steps scheduled daily night)

RIMODINI scheduled weekly.

Kindly share if my above approach is ok or is there any other ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

In the CFC9, for immediate transfer (as suggested by expert Dogboy) you have to choose option 2 - BTE Transfer, Immediately.

With this setting all changes at material level will be updated automatically on APO side through the active integration model for materials.

If you choose the option 0 - No Change Transfer or option 1 - Ale Change Transfer Periodic, you have to deactivate the integration model, then create a new integration model and then activate and do initial CIF transfer. You can do this in background during the nightly job.  

For option 1 - Ale Change Transfer Periodic, you can also use t.code CFP1 where by selecting option Material and execute (live or background) you can evaluate and send the ECC material's changes to update APO system.   

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49 & Marius for your inputs.

I am inclined to use 'ALE change transfer periodic'.

My intention is to use a nightly background job that takes care of :

• 'changes to materials which are already part of active model' (Case 1)
  • 'changes to materials that make it eligible to transfer after the change' (Case 2)
  • Followed by a job to CIF transaction data arsing out of Case 2

Thanks.

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

You have set CFC9 to 'periodic'.  If you thereafter want changes to be moved, while leaving CFC9 to 'periodic', then you have to 'do something' to send the changes over.  You can send the changes across via CFP1.  This can also be committed to a job.

Alternately, you can set CFC9 to send changes across in near real time

Best Regards,

DB49