cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Vendor Text instead on Internal Note i Describe Requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to change Describe requirements so that you type in Vendor Text instead of Internal Note?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anders,

Yes it is possible: I did it for a SRM 3.0 customer.

This requiers few standard modifications.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Ok, thanks. What kind of modifications did you do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

You could also use the BADI CHANGE to convert internal text to vendor text (with a translation of screen element). But the problem will be to differentiate internal text added during the "Describe requirement" step from same text added later in SC item data.

For this SRM 3.0 customer, I modified 3 includes:

- LBBP_PDH_TEXTF23 (to force note_to_supplier = 'X' every time)

- LBBP_SC_APPF20 (to set wa_text-tdid = c_ltxtid_note only if this field is empty, to keep incoming text ID, in form item_update)

- LBBP_SC_UI_ITSFJC (to set wa_text-tdid = c_ltxtid_itxt instead of c_ltxtid_note in form special_note_save)

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

Your requirement is not clear with this message.

What I got from your message that you want to create a text SC using describe requirement and want to give description in Vendor text.

What is the benefit you are getting out of it?

Please make problem statement clear.

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

By using the Vendor Text I am able to make a more thorough description for the vendor (Color, size, specifications etc).

As default the Describe Requirements has the field Internal Text, but as it is only for internal text it is not put on the PO that is send to the vendor.

I would like to avoid to have to create the Describe Req. and then go to details to enter the vendor text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>I have not tried.. but i guess it's quite possible

Either using the Standard BADIs

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

and

BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK

We can make the this done.

Otherwise, we can transfer all the details of the Internal note to a custom field and map the information to the R/3 backend purchase order using the BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK BADI.</u>

Let me know incase face any issues.

Regards

- Atul