cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAR SRM Substitute gets a work item when he changes a Contract after rejection. He must not.

vishal_agrawal3
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

Here is the the scenario. A creates a contract which goes to B and C for approval. C is the substitute of B. B rejects the contract. C logs in and changes the contract. B and C both see the work item now. The requirement is that since C changed the contract he must not receive the work item for approval. How do I achieve this?

Regards,

Vishal Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor

Hello,

do not know how you get what you describe...But it does not matter.

You want workflow process to not generate a WI for a substitute: this is not standard.

I do not know if any BAdI exist for such request: check WI generation process.

Regards.

Laurent.

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

I am not sure if I understand correctly

However, if a user is making a change and then getting the task as approval as well then you probably need to modify the excluded agent code and it should exclude the person who created to be the approver.

Regards

Vinita

vishal_agrawal3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thank you very much for your reply. You are right in saying that when B rejects the contract then work item does not exist at all for B or C. What functional person doing here is that after B rejects the contract he logs in as C(substitute) and is looking for contract through contract number and then makes a change. Then a work item goes to B and C again. The requirement is when C makes a change only B should get a new work item and not C.

Regards,

Vishal Agrawal

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

you wrote:

A creates a contract which goes to B and C for approval. C is the substitute of B. B rejects the contract. C logs in and changes the contract. B and C both see the work item now

This is not possible: if a Workitem is rejected, this WI type was a DECIDE one.

Once rejected, if Acceptance by Contact Person is defined in the process schema definition, a WI type ADJUST is created and sent to document owner (in your case, user A), so no WI exist for approvers (here B and C).

Now, either user A accepts rejection and worklfow is over or A makes some modifications on the Contract, then by ordering it again, a new workflow is started.

Regards.

Laurent.