Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use create purchase order in SRM 7.01

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are upgrading from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.0.Classic scenario. In the workset purchasing of the role operational purchasing you can use Create Documents -> purchase order. if I click on it I recieve the following message:

The table does not contain any data

If I then choose start I get the following message:

Transaction type could not be determined; inform system administrator

Can anybody explain to me if is this a purchase order which would be created in SRM ? As we are in the classic scenario we don't want that. If this is a local purchase order how can we create a purchase order in ECC using SRM 7.01

Thanks for your help!

Antoinette

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Antoinette,

If you are using Classic scenario, purchase order will be created in ECC system. Link in SRM is trying to cerated purchase order in SRM, it is better to disable the link. Purchase order will be cerated in ECC for SC having complete purchasing data.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a classic scenario, the SAP SRM system is used mainly to capture procurement requisitions from employees in the form of shopping carts. All other procurement activities take place in the backend materials management system.

So you cannot create po in SRM it will be created in ECC.

Regards,

Goutam Kolluru.

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello THanks for your replies!

Can you let me know if there's a possibility to display vendor data in SRM 7.01 ?

THanks

Edited by: Stork on Mar 9, 2012 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have a separate Org. structure for Vendors. Use t.code PPOSV_BBP for vendor root organisation. OR if you know the vendor number, use BP transaction to get vendor details.

Regards