Spend Management Blogs by SAP
Stay current on SAP Ariba for direct and indirect spend, SAP Fieldglass for workforce management, and SAP Concur for travel and expense with blog posts by SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michele_Harvey
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
In 2024 SAP for Me will be the central entry point to SAP Support for SAP Ariba and SAP Business Network. As of November 6, 2023, s-users are now able to experience SAP for Me as part of our English-only soft launch.

The Designated Support Contact (DSC) is an Ariba Connect legacy term that goes away as we move to SAP for Me and is a user who can create and manage cases.  Previously, this was requested via an incident in Ariba Connect and was updated by SAP in the backend system.

Ariba Connect now uses SAP’s standard User Management Tool (UMT) to control authorizations. This places the administration of user management in the hands of our partners and customers.

For customers and partners to create/display/edit a case, an s-user is required with appropriate incident management authorizations.

Whether you continue to use SAP Ariba Connect or plan to try SAP for Me, here is some information that will help you with user management topics to ensure you can create and display cases.

Don’t have an s-user?

You can access SAP for Me and ‘Request User’. Reference document on How to Generate a New S-user Id blog.

Where to find s-user contact details?

You can view S-user details and company information via this link

Finding Your Super Admin or Cloud Admin

If you need to identify who your Cloud Admin is go into SAP for Me, navigate to Users & Contacts. Click on the ‘Important Contacts in My Company’ Card.

Learn more about the administrators and  functions.

If you do not have an s-user or are unable to view any information, please reach out to the  Customer Interaction Center for assistance.

Authorizations needed for Designated Support Contact (DSC) Access

The following authorizations in the User Management Tool (UMT) provide the same access as a Designated Support Contact (DSC):

• Display Cloud Data - set at the Ariba installation number level

• Report an Incident - set at Customer Number level or Ariba installation number level

• Close Incidents  - set at Customer Number level or Ariba installation number level

• Send Incidents to SAP  - set at Customer Number level or Ariba installation number level

• Display Incidents  - set at Customer Number level or Ariba installation number level

• Display All Incidents

View definitions of Case Management Authorizations:

Learn more about User, Authorization and Administrator Concept via this link.

How a Partner can Create a Case on Behalf of their Customer

Your cloud customer can authorize a partners’ own S-User IDs to create cases on their behalf via the Service Partner User Management Application (SPU).  NOTE: Only the customer can grant this access - neither SAP nor the Partner can grant the access.

As a partner, if you require access, please reach out to the Customer Cloud Admin for the account (see section in this document).

Although the customer grants this access, the actual authorizations to create, edit, display cases is based on the authorizations set up by the Partner for that specific S-User.  (as an example, if Partner X provisions Jane Doe’s S-User so it is set-up for Basic Access, she will only have Basic Access in acting on behalf of the customer when granted privileges via SPU

Service Partner User Management Application Process (4 Step Process)

Here is an overview of the steps required. Please reference this document for detailed steps regarding the process.

Step 1 (Customer, Cloud Admin Role):

Access SAP for Me via this Link: https://me.sap.com

You would click on the ‘Manage Service Partner Users’ access card.

Customer’s cloud admin invites a Partner’s consultant to manage cases on their behalf by adding his / her existing S-user ID

Step 2 (Partner S-User)

The Partner S-User receives a notification in the Service Partner User Cockpit inviting them and they can accept (or reject).

Step 3 (Customer, Cloud Admin Role): Assigns the authorization to the Partner

The customer will select the user in Manage Services Partner Users access card and assigns the:

• Authorization

• Validity Period and Systems

Step 4 (Partner S-User)

Upon logging into SAP Ariba Connect, Partner consultants who were granted case management privileges via SPU are now able to create cases on behalf of the customer.

Reference Documentation: