SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Auto-clearing

former_member257418
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a couple of questions related to Credits which I am encountering in our system :

Whenever credits are transferred from another CA (doc type XF), these are partially cleared up in auto clearing:

In the example below you will observe that the transferred credit has cleared only part of the invoice. Highlighted entries shows the partial clearing.

I observe similar behavior with Security deposit refunds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member257418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Will

Based on your advise i tried the following:

1. Executed FPMA without any custom selection for the CA in the screenshot. The open items  were not picked up for clearing

2. Executed FP06.& open items were picked up on clicking create proposal.

What can i interpret from the above.

Regards

Satish

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

former_member257418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Will

Based on your advise i tried the following:

1. Executed FPMA without any custom selection for the CA in the screenshot. The open items  were not picked up for clearing

2. Executed FP06.& open items were picked up on clicking create proposal.

What can i interpret from the above.

Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

The interpretation is Clearing Control is nothing to do with what is happening in you System, assuming the clearing variant is the same for FPMA and FP06

I guess for FPMA, the OI are getting filtered out in some events and that's the reason it is not being picked up in the FPMA run.

Check Events 590,591 and 592.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

I checked the events. We not implemented any functions modules in any of these events.

I was trying to make sense from this thread where based on the results of FPMA & FP06 , behavior seems identical.

Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Setting due date as a grouping criteria does not work very well/often.  I would suggest that it does not belong and is causing your problem.

0 Kudos

Hi Will

Removing the due date from the grouping criteria fixed the issue. The entries are now picked up in FPMA.

The only question i have is , if i have 2 open invoices in CA , when i transfer credit or if there is security deposit released , than will it first clear the invoice with the old date & if balance is available apply against the 2nd invoice.

Thanks

Satish

0 Kudos

then you should use it as sort criteria - but not for grouping.  You might use the criteria 'item is due' which will only choose items with a due date which has passed, and leave undue items out.

0 Kudos

Thanks.

I will make the changes & test it out for different scenarios.

Satish