cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DM - Quantity confirmation with different User ID than the logged in User

DaMa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, im wondering if I can do the quantity confirmation in SAP DM (Order POD) with a different user than the currently logged in User. The field "Posted By" is a mandatory field but it is inactive for changes. 

In additon, is ist possible to enter more than one name in the "Posted By" field?

To give you a bigger picture: We are at an assembly station with 6 - 8 people. We are using clock in, clock out, time tracking for direct and indirect labour times. Since we have an output based salary concept in this area I am looking for a way to evaluate the number of pcs. produced by every individual person. In a next step I need a report to combine all these information. Means... Direct time, indirect time and number of pcs. produced per person in a certain time period.

Maybe I am on the wrong way trying to solve this issue with quantity confirmation. Please let me knwo in case you see a different approach.

Thanks for you input in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Posted By" field is not editable, and is autopopulated with the user ID of the logged in user.

To fulfill part of your requirements in standard, I suggest you evaluate the following:

- In POD Designer, for your Order POD, select Quantity Confirmation plugin and add a Custom Field 1 Label as follows:

ManoelCosta_0-1712337254659.png

- So during Quantity Confirmation in Order POD, you can scan/inform the actual user Posting it:

ManoelCosta_1-1712337282615.png

However, as far as I'm aware, creating a dashboard / report using embedded SAC including time tracking and yield/scrap details by user might be tricky ootb. As far as I know, user id is considered sensitive information and is not part of time tracking / SFC MDOs due to GDPR.

I suggest you keep an eye on the roadmap, as I recently learned some capabilities are planned that might support your requirements.

In addition, you can use customer influence flow to raise your requirements.

Lastly, you can evaluate custom developments and extensions to fulfill your requirements.

Hope it helps somehow,
Manoel

DaMa
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you for your quick reply Manoel. I understand it might be tricky to combine all information finally in one report. Just one more question. Where can I find the information which I enter in the fiel Custom Field 1 Label. In your example "MANOELCOSTA". I replicated the solution but neither in the production report nor in the PSN report I can see the information.
ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

You can retrieve it via API, see: https://api.sap.com/api/sapdme_quantityConfirmation/resource/Quantity_Confirmation_Postings for example:

ManoelCosta_0-1712572522193.png

In addition, in Quantity Confirmation plugin itself, where you can click the settings (wrench) icon on the top right and enable showing the custom field:

ManoelCosta_1-1712572522197.png

Hope it helps,

Manoel

Answers (0)