cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically Change Initiative Status

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

Reviewed programs RPM_DX_INIATIVE and INM_INITIATIVE_TEST but neither appears to be able to update STATUS.

Have tried multiple attempts at debugging the actual dynpro logic but am getting no where fast.

There's got to be somebody out there who's tackled this before.

Please help!!!

Thanks,

Chad

View Entire Topic
priyatham_kasu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chad,

Try using the function module INM_INITIATIVE_MODIFY.

Regards,

Priyatham

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

Priyatham, thanks for the quick response but INM_INITIATIVE_MODIFY is what INM_INITIATIVE_TEST uses and I have tried using it as well without any success.  Have you used this FM to update status?

priyatham_kasu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chad,

Have you called the function module  /RPM/SAVE_CHANGES after setting the status.

You can also try using the FM INM_INITIATIVE_CHANGE_STATUS to change the status directly.

I personally did not use the FMs.

Can you explain when you are trying to change the status ? Pragmatically or from UI ?

Regards,

Priyatham

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a custom dynpro app to maintain PPM item as well as MM item data.  This app has the ability to copy items.  Items copied from a Locked, Completed or Canceled initiative cannot be moved to an "active" initiative unless the initiative status is first changed from Locked, Completed or Canceled to Released to an "active" status.  So my thinking is change the status to Released or something similar then move the item to the new initiative and then set the status back to what it was originally.

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

FYI --- FM INM_INITIATIVE_CHANGE_STATUS allows you to change Status Profile and not the Status field.

priyatham_kasu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Chad,

You can use the input parameter  iv_activity in the FM INM_INITIATIVE_CHANGE_STATUS for setting the status on initiative.

Place a break-point in the following method CL_INM_INITIATIVE_O_API --> DO_ACTION_CHANGE_STATUS  to identify the status change activities for initiatives when changed in the UI.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Priyatham