cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm seeking some more information about SAP licensing. I know about some SAP documents (SAP Licensing model, SAP List of Prices and Conditions SAP Software and Support, SAP Software Use Rights, Licensing SAP® Products:A Guide for Buyers, but all these are very vague.

Could you recommend a book, source, training etc. which would be very comprehensive and would shed more light to this shadow area?

E.g.

-Comprehensive list od SAP products with needed Engine and named user licenses

-TCODES allowed for named user licenses

-How do I know if I enable ITS Mobile functionality (it allows to display SAP web pages on Motorola Gun for supply chain), if it requeires a special license and if yes, which one(s).

-If we want to implement an NCR solution for internal and external users connecting to the system via web interface what licenses it will require?

Etc.

Thank you in advance to any suggestions to the above mentioned. Highly appreciated.

Jerry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jerry

I am sorry. E.g. Discussion in

has shown that no "clear" answer is possible.

You will never get "detail" answer on your question as in many cases the situation of your company is "specific" (if we talk about SAP EHS Management). In most of the cases your company does have an IT departement which is dedicated to manage "IT Licenses". Here you should ge the first answer: what license do we have and which is missing (may be). The next step is: any company does have in many casses a direct contact person at SAP to discuss license topic. Here you will get in most cases quite good help in context of your question. But you need to prepare your self. E.g. If you are interested in SAP HANA and you have "nothing" (no license) come in touch with SAP; they will explain in detail (according to my experience) the solutions they sell and the license model per solution. On most cases: if you do it "right" and buy a "big" license you will get "special prices" (topic of bundeling of services on SAP side)

Therefore:

-Comprehensive list od SAP products with needed Engine and named user licenses => to my knowlegde this is never a "named" license but a company license (ok you have some person who signs the contract; but this is not a "named" license) => the list of SAP products is to "long"; you should always use the different approach: what do I need (e.g. SAP GTS, SAP ERP, SAP APO, SAP TM)....

-TCODES allowed for named user licenses => as there is no "named license" => you will get "only" an overview of "content" which you buy. This should be handled oin "contract management" of your companyand SAP; after that you have some "high level list" of TCOdes (or similar one); but this is the "wrong" approach. First you need to define: which process (in yoour company) should be supported in using SAP software?

- -How do I know if I enable ITS Mobile functionality (it allows to display SAP web pages on Motorola Gun for supply chain), if it requeires a special license and if yes, which one(s).

Same as before. SAP will cearly explain theri software etc. if you come in touch.

Honestly I never tried to check SAP markeptplace for such kind of information  and I am not sure if you will find something

Conclusion: ask your  SAP contact; they will help you (as they are wiling so sell products)

C.B.