cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Doucument Button on th User-Defined Texts/Docs Tab Page

0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand that as of ERP 6.0 EHP3, you can import a document directly using the new pushbutton "Import document" on the "User defined Texts/Docs" Tab Page in the Specification Workbench.

However, I do not have this button!

Please could some one tell me what I need to do to show this button on my Specification Workbench.

Kind Regards

Franc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi franc,

This "new" functionality must be activated in the switch framework before the import icon will appear.

Tcode: SFW5

Select OPS_EHS_CI_1 activation box by setting a check mark and then select the "Activate" Changes" button.

The import documents functions should now be available.

There are additional settings that might have o be made like:

1. Define document types for IH and OH

2. Define Workstation Application

3. Assign EH&S document types to DMS document types

4. Specify user defined text

In addition, there may be new authorizations required if you have not imported or displayed document via SAP DMS before.

Let me know if you have any additional issues as I have activated this function for 3 different clients and know most of the tricks.

Regards,

Scott

0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your advice. I have now activated OPS_EHS_CI_1 and I have the Import button.

However when I click on the button I get an empty "User Defined Text Type" box. Do you know why this is happening?

Any help will be most appreciated.

Kind Regards

Franc

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Franc

may be this thread will help:

a.) you need to define in customizing usable user defined text types in such a way that a handling of documents is possible

b.) you need to make sure that your client does have the corresponding "viewer" program (e.g. Adobe, WinWord etc.) (once again comination of custmiozing (DMS customizing etc.) and client preparation).

c.) in case you would like to use the documents in WWI templates: please refer to the thread mentioned above

Hope this helps.

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Dec 11, 2011 8:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frac,

Have you configed the User Defined Text Types yet as Christoph suggests? If so , is the import working? Let me know if you require futher assistance.

Regards,

Scott