cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid locking issues during Phrase Export and Impot (CG31)

aubrey_smith
Explorer
0 Kudos

The steps listed below for updating phrases only works in our production system if we lock all users and restart the system to kick everyone out. Is there a way to perform these without requiring a system restart or lockout of the users.

The steps can be performed in non-production systems without the restart or user lockout.

1 Execute transaction CG31 and import the phrases

2 Execute Transaction CG12, and search for phrase records in the LOLI phrase library.

3 Merge the phrases into the active phrase library

4 Execute transaction CG31 and perform phrase set assignment.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

i understand your problem; we have a "similar sized system" (with 500 users). BUT There is always one time slot to do export / import; in most cases on "weekend" and in the "night"

The issue is the "lock" mechanism. Honestly: never have analysed in deep: what transaction could "lock" the phrases.. there are may be too many processes to list here.....

As a "work around": Depending on your business need: for export you could try to use "ALE"; for "Import" the same

The "ALE mechanism is may be better; According to my experience: at least "inbound idoc" is always working perfect and therefore "outbound idoc" should react the same

C.B.

aubrey_smith
Explorer
0 Kudos

The problem is that we never have less than 500 users active in the system and a restart is the easiest way to achieve this. Locking the transactions some time before the phrase update might work. Is there a list of transactions that we can lock?

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you could only block the transaction not the complete system...

aubrey_smith
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I am having trouble finding a list of transactions that use the phrase tables.

This could work if I could determine the transactions that use all of the phrase tables:

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aubrey

as mentioned: i have never analyzed "deep" the "lock" mechanism here. I can only provide feedback: we have same problem as you; but there is always one "rare" time slot for import or export.

If you do not find this slot: from my point of view: the Phrase ALE should work (never has had a problem in ALE)

Christoph

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aubrey

This is the most common issue while loading phrases and phrase set assignment, but mostly the phrase update will be done at Passive phrase library, they won't be locked by the user, once you update the passive library then it will merged to active, I could the problem in phrase set assignment if the anyone open the phrase set, it won't assign the phrase set.

Reward if helps.

Best

Satya