cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Generation Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

For some specific test in production server, I have created dummy Generation Variants in Production server. Also released report using that GV for one specification.

Now, I want to delete the GV.

I tried to delete the GV but system is not deleting the same. As per my knowledge, it is because of Release Report for that GV. Then I have set status to 'Historical'

then tried to delete GV still it is not getting deleted.

Can anybody guide me, how to get rid of GV in this scenario?

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor

Hello Ravi,

You can not delete a generation variant (or specification) once you have had a released report for that generation variant. SAP EHS is designed this way on purpose for compliance reasons.

You need to manually delete the now historical report via SE16(n) [most likely not possible on a production system] or write an ABAP Program to do so.

Kind Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

I thought so that, once we released report, SAP will not allow to delete GV. so Thanks for confirming on the same

Secondly, can you please elaborate how we can delete historical report via SE16N manually?

so even after deleting the historical report, we can't delete GV?

Regards,

Ravi Reddy

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Ravi Reddy wrote:

Secondly, can you please elaborate how we can delete historical report via SE16N manually?

There a probably thousands if not millions of descriptions on the internet on how to delete SAP DB entries ... Just read them.
Most likely you won't have - actuality you should not have - sufficient rights in a Production System to do so anyhow....

Ravi Reddy wrote:

so even after deleting the historical report, we can't delete GV?

No, that should work as far as I know.

To be clear:

As Christoph pointed out - there are possible implication further down the road if you're not careful with deleting DB Entries manually - it is risky and should not be done....

Hope this helps

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mzahid0071
Participant

Go to Se11 - ESTLP - execute by F8 ; enter the generation variant and turn on the debugger mode " /h" and on Desktop 3 tab - select the code - from the left panel enter " DEL " and execute again and now delete the generation variant .

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

not knowing you system set up: but if you e.g. dispatch reports via ALE you have additional problem if you "delete"! report. On top: if you have assigned additional specifications to report header you have an issue... and many other potential issues could be listed ( depends on report type. E.g. normal report, or GLM report ... )

The "next best" you could do is: ask yourself. why did i generate the genvar etc. and why did i generate a report? If you come up with an answer like: mhh may be i could "reuse" the data situation for future use (e.g. if you do updates or upgrase in your system) why deleting gen variant and report?

In this case you could just move the specification in e.g. a "confident" authorization group (there only e.g. suport has access) and nobody will realize (not the business) that there is an report. And if you chaneg WWI template (e.g. remove release of WWi template) nobody can use gen var to generate a report (only display)

C.B.

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi ,

Can you please check the tables ESTLP & CVDDH tables for deletion check if the deletion flag is there or not ?

How do you created dummy report in Production it is not advisable.

As Mark told that SAP EHS is designed this way on purpose for compliance reasons but nothing is impossible in SAP,

Check those tables it may helpful.

Thanks

Satya