Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How CITs are generated in BRIM

prateekgarg777
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to learn BRIM and i am getting confused in concept. So kindly correct my understanding for usage scenario.

SOM creates Provider contract -> Consumption data records ( CDRs) are gathered from various sources by SAP CM -> SAP CM converts them into CIT and sends to SAP CI -> when we move the status to rateables to rated in SAP CI those CITs are sent to SAP CC which converts then into BITs -> These BITs are sent to SAP CI -> Now in SAP CI we converts these BITs to invoiced items.

Is it correct? Because i have also read the SAP CM sends data to SAP CC, which means sap cc generates CITs, but we provide input as Chargeable Item class in price plan and output as Charged Item class in charge, which is linked to Billable Item class using Billable item mapping. So how sap cc is converting CDRs to CITs ??

Kindly explain me the flow of BRIM between systems.

View Entire Topic
ravirbt_sap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

There are two different usage flows.

1. Involving CITs- Usage from CM is sent to CC as a pass through system. Usage from CM passes through CC and goes to CI and get stored as CITs. Later rating is triggered from CI where CITs are sent to CC and CC does rating and charging converting CITs to BITs which get loaded to CI.

2. Not involving CITs- Usage from CM is sent to CC and rating and charging is done in this step itself. CC creates BITs which get loaded to CI.

Hope this clears the confusion.

luis_r
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos
what happen when you have an issue where BIT's where was not generate, how I can reprocess ?