cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning and Consolidation windows user rights error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a user receiving the following error while trying to access BPC.

The Windows user does not have the proper rights to local folder for Planning and Consolidation. Please contact your system administrator.

She is listed as an admin on this computer, we have checked her BPC access, and she was just able to login to BPC from this laptop a month ago. I'm lost now and not really sure how to solve this problem.

can anyone help please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223971
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi April

Please, view this note.

1743400 - Changing the local folder for Planning and consolidation Excel client is not possible for ...

Cause

• This behavior is by design : BPC local folder is a machine wide setting that normal users are not allowed to change.

Resolution

• The default location is the target folder of "My Documents" which is accessible in the properties of the "My Documents" shortcut.
  • When changing the value the PC_NW folder should be moved manually if needed or deleted from the former locations (by default there is one location per user who has used BPC Excel client on the machine).
  • Changing the value will affect all users from the same machine.

See Also

• For issue on Citrix, please check with your IT team that "My Documents" folder is pointing to a valid location (usually a mounted drive - example M:\)
  • Microsoft process monitor tracing process Excel.exe will show the folder location is stored in registry under key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OUTLOOKSOFT\50\CLIENT" and name "DATA_PATH". This value should not be modified from registry editor and permission should not be given to normal users to write there.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Juan Pablo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan! I had to make the user the owner of the PC_MS folder