cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS BPC Wizard - There are no application set available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Greetings. I am trying to install Microsoft BPC 7.5 in SQL 2008 database in windows 2003 R2 server. Let me explain the list of actions performed.

1. Installed Windows 2003 Server with hotfix
  2. Installed IIS and other required windows software required for BPC as per installation guide
  3. Installed MS SQL 2008 with SP3
  4. Installed BPC 7.5 server successfully
  5. As a part of post installation i have performed/changed settings like changing SQL authentication to windows authentication, created ODBC data source, modified IIS directory service settings etc as described in the installation guide.

About the project, this is a migration project. From one windows server to another. So i had taken a backup of OLTP and OLAP databases from the old windows server and restored it to the SQL in the new windows server. Now the issue which i am facing, when i try to access the BPC application from the BPC wizard i get the below error. When i try to connect to BPC through osoft, it prompts for credential and when i give it the below error appears.

I have already installed AntiXSS software and placed in the dll file at BPC/webserv/web/bin. I am pretty sure that the credentials used it right in both the cases. Also from the SQL part, i have already added the user in the security tab of the analysis server. Can someone help me to fix these issues, i am quite new to this, so if you can explain me the steps it will be great full . Please let me know if you need more information on this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prithivi Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prithivi Raj,

regarding the first point please see the note putting the error message, there are several notes about different causes that generates this error.

About the second error message, sorry I'm not a BASIS so maybe it doesn't help, but in the second screenshot I see .NET 1.1, bpc 7.5 need also 2 or 3.5 framework, could you please verify if one of these version are installed (better 3.5)?

The error "cannot create ActiveX" normally is received when the bpc user isn't an administrator of the machine, if so or you set it as administrator of the machine or, with the admin user of the PC, you have not only to install bpc but also to open excel with logon to bpc and open the web launch page where are the activeX, after that, normal user could execute bpc without issues.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roberto,

Thanks a lot for your reply. please find my bellow comments.

1. I shall check the notes for the error. If you come across any solutions, kindly let me know.

2. Regarding the .NET framwork, i verified that we I already have .net 3.5 Installed in the server.

3. I have installed BPC and SQL with a different user which has admin rights. So I thought/believED if I could use the same credentials it should work. Kindly correct me if i am wrong. Do let me know if i should login with administrator user only.

Thanks again .

Regards,

Prithivi Raj