cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data on the fly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello team,

i am want to create a tool kind of thing for master data creation on the fly.

I got some doc about this but all are specific to a single dimension.

I wat to create the standard tool which can work for any dimensions.

I used EPM function to take the environment ,model ,dimension name & dimension property in the excel sheet i am unable to find a way to send these data values to the script of my data manager package.

Can anyone help me in sending the data from excel sheet to the script of the data manager package?

Thanks & regards

Ronit Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the How-To document "Master Data on the Fly" the custom process chain was used with REPLACEPARAMx_KEY and REPLACEPARAMx_VALUE

It's better to use standard chain and pass just 2 variables:

First variable: DIMNAME

Second variable: Some string with ID,Description,Properties etc... (some syntax has to be defined)

Both variables will be processed by badi to create new master data!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

I want to send the dimension name & the properties through the excel cell.

Like a tool kind of thing ,suppose you opened that in your model in the epm then it can update master data for your dimension & if i am using that same tool for my model it should update master data for my dimension whitout any customization.

Thanks & Regards

Ronit Kumar

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, and you have to correct ABAP code for badi in "Master Data on the Fly" YOURSELF. Hope it's clear.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vadim,

Can you please help me in ABAP code and can we update multiple master data from one data manager package.

Thanks & Regards

Ronit Kumar

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but it's not a 5 minutes! You have to do 99,9% yourself and may be ask few questions...

Vadim