cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Admin client error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed BPC 10.0 for Microsoft platform in Windows 2008 R2 server R2 datacenter and my database is SQL server 2012.

While installing i had fulfilled all the prerequisites which is required for this installation and also server diagnostics are running fine with out any errors.

But, while launching Planning and Consolidation Administration it is terminating with a blink and doesn't show Administration Tab.

I am new to BPC installation,Please help me on this issue.

Regards,

Krishna 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Please try the following:

- Run the BPC Admin client (osoftadminmain.exe) as Administrator

- Change the compatibility mode of the osoftadminmain.exe ro something like Windows XP SP2 or Windows XP SP3.

Please report back if any of the suggestions make it work.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Tried as you suggested,but it is not working.

Am i missing with Proxy setup,because when i click on the planning and consolidation administration it is disappearing with below link and doesn't show any administration tab.

http://Host/SAP/BPC/web/?proxyUID=1443449044928&cm=EnvironmentShell&app-def=bpc.xml#cm=EnvironmentSh...

I have maintained the proxy in internet settings also,but not helped much.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please post some screenshots with each step you are taking?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Following are the installation screen shots:

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Below are the screen shots of continuation from the above:

When i launch the web client,it was not able to launch the administration client which i mention in the above thread.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the screenshots.

That explains the situation better.

So as far as I can tell the issue is the inability launch the Admin client from the web since it seems to run fine when launched directly.

If that is the case then I would look into Windows permission issues and the Internet Explorer settings.

That page is trying to launch an executable on the local workstation via an Activex control embedded in the page.

Here are a few thing to try in order to fin out which setting is causing this:

- Disable the IE pop-up blocker

- Lower the security setting under Internet Explorer -> Options -> Security (choose the appropriate tab corresponding to the zone where your BPC application server is)

Let me know what you find.

Answers (0)