Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Down Payment Document in PO History

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Expert,

I have a case related with PO History.

Let's say I have a PO no. 123 and whenever I check the PO History by ME23n in item 10, there are DP request, DP/DP request clearing, and DP clearing document.

The problem are:

1. DP request, which has a different purchasing document assignment (ex. PO 456), appeared in PO history 123.

2. And there is DP request, which has none purchasing document assignment, appeared also in PO history 123.

So it affected to the DP document or DP request clearing, there is DP document which has different PO no, in the PO history 123.

There is no case like this before in our system.

How could it be happened?

Thank you for your solutions before.

Best regards,

Rosida

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for your replies.

We already figure out how there are wrong documents in the history of PO 123.

It's because of DP request and DP document in another company code (let's say, company code B) but use PO 123 which belongs to company code A.

Document number displayed in PO history company code A is same with document number created in company code B.

But, when we clicked the documents, we will see the company code displayed is company code B.

Now, we're looking for the solution how to prevent the same case.

Any idea?

Thanks before.

Best regards,

Rosida

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure.. but, you can change the PO number during Down payment / Down payment request screens in ME2DP. Just check whether this has caused the issue.

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for your reply.

We don't use ME2DP. We create DP request by F-47 and posting DP by F-48.

Besides, if DP document is already cleared with another document, then we couldn't reverse the document (according with client's business process).

So we are looking for a way how to prevent DP request creation in company code A with PO from company code B.

Do you know about user exit or enhancement we could use?

Thanks before.

Best regards,

Rosida

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if there any standard message available for your requirement during down payment creation. If no, you may have to write the custom code to restrict such down payments.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use BTE 00001030 for F-47 tcode

The best option is to carry out the validations for FI documents is to to use transaction OB28

You can set you pre-requsites and even code a validation enhancement to do the check,

For more information on creating and maintaining validations, see "Financial Accounting -> Special Purpose Ledger -> Tools -> Maintain Validation/Substitution/Rules -> Maintain Validations" in the R/3 Library

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read the OSS note 823793 - ME23N: Incorrect detail display for down payment document

It explains the causes of the issue and resolution for the same.

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Patra,

Thanks for your message.

We currently is in SAP_APPL rel 606, so this sapnote 823793 is already on our system.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Rosida

former_member183424
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Cancel the DP Document, and do the manual posting and take care of each field, why it will take

against existing other documents. Take care about PO assingment, Vendor code, Posting Key selection.

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Patra,

Thanks for your message.

I don't think the case is related with sapnote 2069224. When we display the accounting document by FB03, the field Purchasing Document is already be optional.

The case is when check down payment document in PO history, the PO assigned is different with PO displayed.

Any idea?

Thanks before.

Best regards,

Rosida

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeet,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately, user couldn't cancelled the documents because there are already documents which posted thereafter such as GR posting, Invoice posting, and etc.

Any idea?

Thanks before.

Best regards,

Rosida

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please raise the OSS message with SAP and share your exact documents number and attach problem you are facing.. I hope you will able hear from them as soon as they analyze the issue in your system.

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jagdeep,

Thanks for your message.

We already raise this issue to OSS.

They want to replicate this issue in our development or QA, but the result is not the same with the issue. So we came with second option with create this forum discussion.

Any idea?

Thanks before.

Best regards,

Rosida

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a different number appears in the history then my first thought is a wrong entry made by a user.

Unfortunately you did not really give much detail that could be evidence that it is not a user fault.

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Thanks for your message.

How is it to be user's fault? Because as far as I know, system will automatically update the PO history. User post DP request (by t-code F-47) and DP posting (by t-code F-48) and input Purchase Document with PO number. After user post it, the document posted will be updated in PO history.

You can check further information with picture below:

1). DP posting (doc no 15-10300) with the correct PO number assigned (44-24688).

2). DP posting (doc no 15-7530) with null PO number assigned, but it was updated in PO history 44-224688.

3). DP request (doc no 17-10221) with the correct PO number assigned (44-24688).

4). DP request (doc no 17-9418) with incorrect PO number assigned (PO No 44-20056).

5). DP clearing (doc no 17-12292) with incorrect PO number assigned (PO No 44-21264).

6). DP clearing (doc no 17-10427) with correct PO number assigned (44-24688).

7). DP request clearing process which has cleared doc no (1).

8). DP request clearing process which has cleared doc no (2).

Any idea?

Thanks before.

Best regards,

Rosida

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not yet convinced that the user entered it in the way you listed it.

Do you have any screenshot from the data he entered where it can be seen that another reference was made?

The posting date does not really align with your assigned sequence number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share the screen shot of material document with movement type and accounting document.. Jurgen sir saying correct, please share.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rosida

Sometimes, for these weired issues, you will not able replicate. only possible idea can sit with user who caused this issue and ask for steps he followed to create DP. Another idea can be, get corrected in production system by SAP and give your user instruction to keep if such incident is occuring agian

I think it should not frequently occurred issue, if yes then you need sit with user to understand what steps he follows,

Thanks,

Jagdeep

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your reply.

I just investigated the PO history, and I found some problems:

1. The posting date appeared in PO history is not the same with the posting date from the accounting document which whenever displayed them by FB03 or double-click from PO history.

2. The amount appeared in PO history which has incorrect assigned PO is same, 31683 USD. If we displayed them by FB03 or double-click from PO history, the amount is not 31683 USD.

Any idea?

Thanks before.

Best regards,

Rosida