cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the impact of the availability confirmation in MDVP for Process Order and how to reverse if any?

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PP Guru,

IN MDVP, I confirmed the availability.

May I know the impact and if any how to revoke, please?

Many many thanks,

Sally

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can perform the Availability Check for the components of orders in MDVP

and you will get a missing parts list immediately after material availability check and update the confirm quantity against the order components.

For more details please refer useful SAP help document,

Collective Availability Checks - Process Orders (PP-PI-POR) - SAP Library

You can re-ATP all the requirements. if required.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi R.Brahmankar,

Thank you so much for your help.

What I did in MDVP are:

1. Run it against one material.

2. Select the 1st planned order and carry out the Availability collective check.

3. The availability check indicator turned from yellow to green

Pls kindly explain:

a. What does it do for the color change?

b. What is the impact on the planned order from the check?

c. Is there a way to reverse the check?

Thank you so much,

Sally

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

These are basic questions, when you have the material availability confirmed quantity for components  during the ATP check system turn the light to green.

I would suggest to read SAP help document on it.

Checking Collective Availability Online - Process Orders (PP-PI-POR) - SAP Library

In MDPV if you select the Check mode you have an option at bottom of screen to Reset Availability.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi R Brahmankar,

In MDVP shown in the screendump above, I can not follow the path to reset the availabilty confiramtion.

What is more, the link is very useful but does not touch upon the impact of the availability confirmation.

Would you please kindly explain further?

Thank you very much,

Sally

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please tell me, why you are performing ATP check? Why do you want to execute transaction MDVP?

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

The details are:

Reason for ATP check:

a. I need to know the material availability for a process order

b. From MMBE, I am not quite sure

then I used MDVP by limiting the raw material.

There are 4 planned orders listed in MDVP and I selected the 1st one and click "Order", after a pop-up and click "green tick", the 1st planned order turns green.

So, I wonder how to reverse the availability confirmation; What is the impact of the availability confirmation done in MDVP on the planned order?

Thank you so much,

Sally

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sally,

In MDVP if you select the Option Check Mode On

Then bottom of screen you have an option to Rest the Availability

Refer SAP help document on it

Check Mode for Collective Availability Check - Procurement Proposal (PP-MRP-PP) - SAP Library

When call the collective availability check. After the list is displayed with the planned orders, you can select planned orders and then start the availability check. The list is updated accordingly, in other words the available quantities are set.

Also note If necessary, change the dates of the planned orders for which components are not available until a later date.

You can check the current ATP availability quantity on CO09

For more details please refer SAP consulting note   423538 - MDVP: Missing part list in collective availability check

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi R Brahmankar,

Thank you for the useful explanation and link.

In the check via MDVP, the planned order turns to firmed order in MD04.

May I ask apart from manually resetting it in MD12. what is the impact if we keep it firmed?

Because the planned order is placed in another plant where we buy it from through inter company transaction.

Please kindly help furthere.

Best Regards,

Sally

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Firmed planned order will not be changed during the MRP run, there is no other impact of firmed planned orders.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi B Brahmankar,

In case the firmed planned order becomes overdue, is it kept unchanged? Or what is the impact of an overdule firmed planned order?

Because the planned order is placed on other plant, I have no access to change or view it.

Pls kindly advise.

Sally

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why the planned orders will be overdue? You can use the overdue planned orders also.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi B Brahmankar,

From the screenshot below, the commitment has been past due.

You are right that the planned order still is valid with firm indicator.

If left as it is now, what is the impact on the planning? The quantity in the firmed order is regarded as Demand even though it is not converted to Production order or PR?

Pls kindly confirm.

Sally.

P.S. The planned order is on other plant. If there is no much impact, I would not bother to ask for help with the firm indicator on the planned order.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Order start and end date is also in past. MRP will consider this order for net requirement calculation,

If order is firmed and the supply shortage is there then system will generate new planned order for rest of the quantity.  There would not be any other impact of it.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (0)