cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL02N Serial numbers search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus:

During the delivery processing, materials with certain serial numbers profile require the serial number at the moment of the PGI.

The issue that if the user goes to the path Extras --> Serial numbers and uses the pushbutton that goes to the IQ09 (report RIEQUI021) in order to search the serial numbers, at the selection screen system is only fetching material number.

That is a bit strange, given that on MIGO transaction if you use the same button for searching the serial number during a goods issue, system gets all the data from the origin (plant, storage location, sales order, etc). Apparently on MIGO, this is hardcoded.

Is there any way in which we can get those data and send them to the serial number re-search? The only post I've found talking about this same issues is this one:

https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/1283072

But no positive answers were given.

Thanks a lot, awaiting for your proposals!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

find your solution in OSS note 2492380 - Missing plant and storage location in Tcode IQ09 from Tcode VL02N

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen:

That was a good one, I used a lot of different criteria on the research and never found that note. I guess I was missing something.

I find the note a bit incomplete, as it does not fetch the special stock data or the stock type, but is a clear improvement upon what was available on VL02N.

I think I might contact support to propose a bit of an improvement.

Thanks a lot.