Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configuration profiles and order bom management

andrea_dn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am working in a MTO scenario with configurable multi-level BoM and finished product produced internally with a production order.

I create a sales order for the finished good, which is configurable. I assigned profile with process SET, multi-level BoM explosion.

The BoM components are also configurable and sales relevant (visible in the sales order). I assigned profile with process ORDER BOM, multi-level BoM explosion. Indeed, I need to make customer specific adjustments to such components BoMs creating Order BoM (using CSKB, fixing the super BoM assigned to material in master data).

The finished products is produced internally with a production order, assembling the configurable components.

Therefore, in the sales order, finished product is in position 10 and it has a schedule line catoregy transferring the requirements to MRP. While the components (in position 20, 30, and so on) have a schedule line category not transferring requirements (to avoid double requirements).

After MRP run, for finished product a planned order is generated pegged to sales order and position 10.

For components, the situation is the same: a planned order is generated pegged to sales order and position 10, (the position of the finished good, which is triggering the dependent requirement).

The problem is now: when I create order BoMs for such components in CSKB, it is pegged to sales order and position of the component in the sales order, e.g., position 20.

We have an inconsistency. The planned order is pegged to position 10, while the order BoM to position 20.

Therefore, the BoM of the planned order does not consider and is not updated according to the Order BoM just created because the system does not find any Order BoM pegged to position 10.

How should I manage this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrea_dn
Explorer

I solved the issue my self.

I assigned the profile Order BoM to the finished good material.

The components will not be visible in sales order (not a big problem), but the planned orders and order bom are both pegged to position 10 of the sales order.

Thus, MRP will update the BoM of the planned order based on the Order BoM created.

Answers (0)