cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vaildation with email address in login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

This is regarding doubts in login page, actaully in webtool we have usrname and password for vaildation but our customer wants vaildate with email address and password, how to change the coding in login.ascx pls guide me to work on it.

Regards

Kannan.D

Edited by: kannan desikan on Jan 7, 2008 2:26 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

The only thing you need to do is change how business partner contacts synch from B1 and edit the label on the login to ask for email rather than userid.

To change the synch field:

1. Open the synch manager.

2. Click the "Settings" item on the left menu.

3. Change the "BusinessPartner Contacts Synch Field" drop down to "Email Address".

4. Save settings.

5. Click the "Synch" item on the left menu.

6. Initialize synch.

7. Run the synch.

This will change all of your logins to email address.

If a business partner contact does not have an email address, the contact will not synch. This will cause any documents created by this user to fail in the synch. To avoid this, you will need to guarantee that all B1 contacts have email addresses.

You will then need to change the text in Webtools to say "email" rather than "userid". Do this by editting the strings using the string editor tool in the admin area.

If you have not used the string editor, you can activate it by clicking the string editor icon located next to the help icon above the menu in the admin area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shane,

thankx i will check and get back to you, i wants to speak to u do you have any contact number , its more help for me to clarify my doubts with you.

Regards

Kannan.D

Answers (0)