cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using an LSMW Direct Input RMDATIND to Extend Materials to a Plant

0 Kudos

Is it possible to use Direct Input LSMW to extend materials to a plant? I've tried the recording and it works if done in the foreground, but the background fails with a GUI access error. I tried a few notes and still doesn't work that way. Direct Input seems like it could work, but when I go to field mappings, I don't see all the fields I entered into the source fields, like the plant to copy from along with the storage type and warehouse number.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am afraid, LSMW (direct input), IDOCs, BAPIs cannot do exactly what you ask. All these options imply that you specify exactly the data that has to be populated in the material views.

I am not an expert on the topic, but Copy from (referencing) in MM01 is a feature that relies on dialog processing.

Have you considered MMCC transaction? You can read about it in SAP note 1880324 - Material master copier. It is closer to what you ask and, speaking from experience - a huge time saver.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you not come across MM50?

0 Kudos

I have not, I'll take a look.

0 Kudos

Just based on a quick look, it seems that I could use this for the extending and then the LSMW for MM02 for the rest of the fields.

pataselano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have another method for extend material master. Please read my blog: Out Of The Box Method For Extend Material Master.

For background job, you can create small program for get list of new material number. After get list of new material number, program will running BDC of tcode BD10.