Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6.0 CU&UC

former_member682089
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am doing a upgrade from 4.6 C to ECC 6.0 I have few queries related to the upgrade:

1. Should i copy old DEV to New hardware for upgrade or old PRD to new DEV hardware for upgrade?

2. What should be the support package level of 4.6 C system?..do i have to apply all patches including HR n IS-U/CCS?

3. I have Hongkong Character set in my system any special steps for that??

4. how can i check that my ABAP coding is 6.10 Compliant?

5.do i have to move my customizing and workbench request to some 6.10 system n thn to new system as this a CU&UC ???

Regards,

Sandeep Nayak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Should i copy old DEV to New hardware for upgrade or old PRD to new DEV hardware for upgrade?

I´m not getting that question. I would use the fastest server for the production upgrade.

2. What should be the support package level of 4.6 C system?..do i have to apply all patches including HR n IS-U/CCS?

Read the upgrade guide at http://service.sap.com/instguides, it contains a lot of notes and further information.

Do a unicode conversion directly after you upgraded on ERP 6.0.

6.10? ERP 6.0 is based on 7.00 basis and kernel.

5.do i have to move my customizing and workbench request to some 6.10 system n thn to new system as this a CU&UC ???

you have to release all requests before you upgrade.

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I am doing a upgrade from 4.6 C to ECC 6.0 I have few queries related to the upgrade:

Since you want to perform a CU&UC, I would recommend to start with a copy of your PRD, then continue with the upgrade of the DEV and the actual PRD.

There isn't any required support package level for the 4.6C system. Just make sure that you include the latest support packages of ECC 6.0 so that you have the latest version of all the tools required for the Unicode conversion (Support Package Stack 15 of ECC 6.0 is the minimum required).

Just check the relative documentation SAP Notes and follow the instructions there.

Your source release (4.C) is not 6.10 compliant.

No, you don't have to move anything. Just start the upgrade of your first 4.6C system.

At phase UCMIG_REQINC (Module Extension) of PREPARE, you will not include any request at your first upgrade (see page 23 of the CU&UC Guide: "Unicode Conversion SAP Basis 4.6C -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP SP 15 and higher"). You 'll go on with your upgrade. Once it's finished and you reach your target release, you will manually make the ABAP programs Unicode-enabled (using UCCHECK).

At page 18 of the same guide, you can see how to include these programs in a transport request. You can use this transport request at the upgrade of your Test and PRD systems.

Regards,

Konstantina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

It is depends on case to case which one you should upgrade as a test upgrade. I prefer to carry test upgrade on copy of production system andcarry all SPDD and SPAU activities here most of the casees if there is differences between Development and production with respect to development. If you feel that there are no much differences you can create test system as coy of either DEV or PRD. I hope this answers your first question.

2nd question: there is some minimum support pack levels required for database upgrade for some databases but for sap upgrade alone it is not required. check upgrade technical documentation.

3rd question: Upgrade can itself handle existing languages as long as you supplied upgrade language CDs. However unicode conversion is highly rcommended even if it is single code page. if it is MDMP unicode is must.

4&5 Q: Upgrade automatically make sures thatyour standard sap programs are ECC6.0 compatible. You have to manually check all custom objects.

Thanks,

Kiran.

former_member682089
Participant
0 Kudos

My first question means should i copy Production DB to DEV n thn upgrade the dev sysem?....

I m doing Combined upgrade n unicode conversion..

Former Member
0 Kudos

One approach is, Clean up transport queue in QAS (old) and copy it to DEV(new)