Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement Periods and Billing Dates

Silvia_Ventura
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

several customers reported incidents about which are the right values for fields  "Settlement Periods" and "Billing Dates" in Service Contract Items (tab Billing Plan).

App "Manage Service Contract" is displaying more values than the allowed ones.  In fact, the help documentation for the API explains the values that can be used  API's for Services- ServiceContractRequest_In - Item and there are less values than the App.

The question is : what are the exact values that can be used in fields "Settlement periods" and "Billing dates rules" ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Silvia_Ventura
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The App "Manage Service contract" provides more options but currently the possible values are

SettlementPeriodRule

• BILL0001: Monthly

• BILL0004: Quarterly

• BILL0006: Half-yearly

• BILL0007: Yearly

• BILL0008: Tri-annually

• BILL0009: 28 Days

BillingPlanBillingDateRule

• BILL0002: To First of the Month

• BILL0005: Monthly on First of Month

• BILL0010: 14 Days After Settlement Start Date

• BILL0011: On Settlement Start Datey

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,
thanks a lot for your support, highly appreciated! Sorry for my later answer, in a span of a week i was rather busy and overlooked your message.
I think our ticket Incident 690025/2021 was considered as relevant and correction could be done in 2202 cloud release. In the migration template file, 4 partner functions on header level are mandatory. On item level, these are not mandatory, but optional. If it's not filled it's populated from header partner roles. If I fill it with other partners obviously I expect system to work appropriate and adapt this value (like in customer master, albeit we don't talk about header and item data there).

About mapping of Time Rule in migration cockpit, I've inserted pictures.
options to select from:

outcome

aa, ok, now i see what you mean, using help function in App itself. Yes, i have to admit, I'm not using it so often yet. This is good, but please, this description could be added also into migration cockpit, otherwise it is very painful for junior users

Btw. many options of Settlement Period (eg. option Tomorrows Date) or Billing Dates (Monthly (Settlement Period)) don't make sense.

thank you very much, I'll follow your content.
BR,
Matěj Prokop

Silvia_Ventura
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matej

I've just checked your incident . I've forwarded to CRM-S4-SRV-CTR team...System is copying the SH from the header and this is a wanted and correct behavior. It happens also in the app. We will see what answer my colleagues.

Regarding to this specific issues : my suggestion is to look at the help documentation. Just search by BILL0005 and you will find the description of the field. In fact, I copied these values form the help.

I never used the migration tools and I don't know if it's possible to make any improvement. Could you please attach any picture ? I'd like to show the screen shot to the colleagues who are working in the help documentation. I want to be sure whether is possible to improve it.

thanks a lot!

Best regards

Silvia

0 Kudos

hi Silvia,
sorry i wasn't precise. No, this is OK, system is proposing enough items, but the description is not indicative at all. In migration cockpit mapping dialog, i can see only these technical codes and no proper descriptions:
0894EF4591D11ED8B8F82866E2CC4988 BILL0007
If it wouldn't be described on your blog i don't know how I would map it.
Also, currently we have an issue with migration where we want to introduce different Ship to party on Contract Header and on Items. We get the message: "Too many Ship-to Party/Service Recipient entered". From my point of view this is a bug. We have also created an incident for it "Incident 690025/2021".
Thank you for your possible hint.
Matej Prokop

0 Kudos

hello,
thank you very much for codes and description.
Why this is missing when I am mapping values for a migration?
so i get these options:

0894EF4591D11ED8B8F82866E2CC4988 BILL0007 FA163ED168331EE88F912AF3C6E78DB1 BILL0005

thank you, Matej

Silvia_Ventura
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matej

I'm not sure to understand your problem. Your system is only using the rules BILL00007 Yearly (Settlement Period) and BIL00005 Monthly on First of Month (Billing date).

Is my understanding correct?

Best regards

Silvia