cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving sorting preferences for list of objects

roshan89
Participant
0 Kudos

Can we save our preferred selections in sorting the list of objects (orders, functional locations, etc.) so that we can get them even after we logoff and login again? Additionally, is it possible after logging in the app can show the list in the saved preferences instead of the default?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pathik
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the 2405 release, we've introduced a feature where the search and sort criteria gets saved for a particular page. When the user comes back to the same page, the previously selected filter criteria will be defaulted. You can find more information in this blog post - https://community.sap.com/t5/enterprise-resource-planning-blogs-by-sap/sap-service-and-asset-manager...

roshan89
Participant
0 Kudos
Great, will this be applicable if the user logs out and logs in again ?
Pathik
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Yes, the filters will persist until the user specifically chooses to Reset them on the Filter page for the particular list.
muhammad_rafay
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can certainly save them using state variables and later retrieve them and set them again.
I am not sure what do you mean by saving them in preferences vs user defaults?

roshan89
Participant
0 Kudos
Default implies the usual sort results that the app gives. Preferences implies if suppose I changed the sort criteria in that case can I get the same sorted order anytime I login?