cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Group Reporting - Different Consolidation Methods for Statutory and Management Consolidation

JayMark
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good day!

We have client requirement to perform Statutory and Management Consolidation in SAP Group reporting but different Consolidation Method will be use such as;

1. Statutory Consolidation will be using Purchase and Equity Method.

2. Management Consolidation will be using Proportionate Method. (Data source will be ACDOCA)

Is this possible in Group Reporting to have different Consolidation Method to be used? If you may share the solution on how we may achieve this requirements.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhu_yl
Explorer

Hi

Create another version and maintain the group and assign the method accordingly.

As the source for both versions would be from ACDOCA.

It would not be problem. But need to define COI method accordingly and assign to the task.

SVNR

FlorianRoll
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

It depends on the details.

With what you give as examples I would recommend defining different consolidation groups and stay in a single version.

If there are additional requirements such as the need to have different processes, different valuations on company level you may want to consider different versions, e.g. extension versions.

Hope this helps.

JayMark
Explorer
0 Kudos

Big Thanks Florian_Roll. I agree on your recommendations.

For the option to create a different Consolidation Group but a different version needs to be use for Statutory and Management Consolidation, reason is for Management Consolidation although they will be using Proportionate Method but they want to have the flexibility the change Ownership Rate not the same as what they maintain for the Statutory Consolidation.

For example if in Statutory Consolidation Conso Unit A is 80% ownership, but for Management Conso Unit A will be 100% ownership. Note that both has same source of data which ACTUAL

FlorianRoll
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi JayMark, also group ownership percentages can be maintained depending on the consolidation group. This in itself does not require an additional version in my eyes.